It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we keep Fern to help the new DM settle for a season. Hopefully use Rodri as a make way. I think Rodri is a fantastic footballer and he genuinely seems a decent person but during the big games against top midfielders he is more than likely the weak link in the team.

I won’t complain if he is still playing for city next season but his limitations will still exist. If for example we play United, Spurs, chavs, pool with Rodri in midfield without a Foden/Bernardo/Grealish we will be overrun and chasing the game. I added jack because he is exactly the combative player needed to compliment Rodri. Surround him with pace and grit or replace.

Why? If fern isn't trusted by Pep (the criminal offence for which Rodri must be sold immediately) why keep him? Offer him a coaching role.

You cant have it both ways and say 1 player not being trusted (despite playing more mins than anyone except Ederson) means he needs to be sold, and then also say it doesn't matter that the other player can't be trusted in a CL final.

I understand why people should justify why they don't take to a certain City player.

For me, you have sugar-coated it to the extent because we all know Pep and a lot of Blues consider him a top player.

I don't consider him any better than Javi Garcia or Fernando in many aspects, which is criminal for the money we paid.

Perhaps it was because I was simply under the misapprehension he was Fern's long-term replacement?

He's not fit enough to wipe his arse at 36, never mind a peak Fern.

But who is, that's the real problem?

Sometimes I look at Rodders and think there is something great waiting to burst from its box, certainly when I saw him maul Burnley away the season before last.

That night, even De Jong said it was one of the most complete showings from a defensive midfielder he had seen.

Sadly, it was against Burnley, and we haven't seen much like it since.
I was trying to point out that he does have some very good qualities but the essential core attributes needed to succeed fern do not exist.

I should have just said he is crap :)

Fern replacement? I am not sure 1 exists. He effortlessly strolled around the field disrupting at will all with a smile. For all the creativity we possess the clue that held it together is now absent. I can see why we are after Grealish. If we can’t find a like for like replacement we can fill the midfield with tenacious players.

I understand why people should justify why they don't take to a certain City player.

For me, you have sugar-coated it to the extent because we all know Pep and a lot of Blues consider him a top player.

I don't consider him any better than Javi Garcia or Fernando in many aspects, which is criminal for the money we paid.

Perhaps it was because I was simply under the misapprehension he was Fern's long-term replacement?

He's not fit enough to wipe his arse at 36, never mind a peak Fern.

But who is, that's the real problem?

Sometimes I look at Rodders and think there is something great waiting to burst from its box, certainly when I saw him maul Burnley away the season before last.

That night, even De Jong said it was one of the most complete showings from a defensive midfielder he had seen.

Sadly, it was against Burnley, and we haven't seen much like it since.
To be fair mate time had obviously made you forget how bad fernando and Garcia actually were.
Rodri may not be ferna, but those two were truly awful players!

Why? If fern isn't trusted by Pep (the criminal offence for which Rodri must be sold immediately) why keep him? Offer him a coaching role.

You cant have it both ways and say 1 player not being trusted (despite playing more mins than anyone except Ederson) means he needs to be sold, and then also say it doesn't matter that the other player can't be trusted in a CL final.

Nah you are splitting hairs. Fern has earned the respect due to his dominance in midfield for years. He can’t stop the ageing process unfortunately. You really can’t compare them both. Only pep knows why he did not start the final.

We could discuss this all night but we won’t find a middle ground.

Rodri needs to go for the team to evolve.

I would just like to let Barca know that I'm considering moving from The Etihad this summer. I find the weather and the beer to watery.

I'm open to offers and if a deal could be done for an villa with a sizable pool, I'd very much consider it.

*note to Bluemoon, please don't convince me to stay with PMs, I might miss Barca's CEO.

Its another one of those situations when you have to wonder what made Guardiola buy a defensive midfielder with no qualities whatsoever and then play him 100 times in 2 seasons (winning 4 trophies)

Particular defensive midfield, the position Pep played himself, and the position he has made the cornerstone of his sides, promoting a novice Busquets because he could see the qualities he had and moving Lahm into midfield because he could see the qualities he had and that he'd suit the role.

And yet apparently it all completely deserted him and he now plays someone with none of the required skills to be a defensive midfielder.
None of the players mentioned had to deal with the pace of the English league over 38 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.