It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its was not unexpected financial loss. The club does not operate on that basis.

the club does spend money and then dont calculate what it might make or lose. Like you are suggesting here.

Khaldoon was totally chill about those results, which says everytrhing.

I meant unexpected given no one could predict a global pandemic was going to hit. We wouldn’t have forecasted a £120 odd million loss 2 seasons ago would we.

Given we are a business and the club will naturally want to recoup some of that loss then maybe they wouldn’t want one of our star players running down his contract? and if he doesn’t want to sign, maybe, just maybe, they might consider selling him.

I can see a few established stars leaving in the summer. Pep alluded to it a while back. If any player is not happy with their role in the squad they need to speak to their agents and get a move. Players stagnate and some will lose a bit of drive depending on how many trophies we pick up. This summer could finally see us make a few quid. If we can ship out 2/3 squad players and bring in Haaland then it is good business.

I can see a few established stars leaving in the summer. Pep alluded to it a while back. If any player is not happy with their role in the squad they need to speak to their agents and get a move. Players stagnate and some will lose a bit of drive depending on how many trophies we pick up. This summer could finally see us make a few quid. If we can ship out 2/3 squad players and bring in Haaland then it is good business.
Who are you thinking might leave?

Personally I think we should look to move Mahrez on. Been decent this season, but someone that needs upgrading and this is the last chance to get any kind of fee for him.

Gundo has a fantastic year and people might call me crazy, but if his good season has caught the eye of the likes of Bayern and their willing to give us a hefty profit I don't oppose the idea that we sell. With both him and KdB the wrong side of 30, and Gundo not being as effective in some systems anyway on top of being in the middle of an obvious peak that usually is followed by a steep decline especially for a guy like Gundo where the game has taken such a toll on his body, I think being ruthless and moving him on wouldnt be the worst idea. If we sign a striker and play with he loses a bit of freedom in the "Lampard" role anyway. Let Bernie get his position and make it his own.

For absolute silly money I would be very tempted to sell Raz. Will always be an asset, just think he has made the most out of his abilities here and both him and us might benefit from a change of scenery

Mahrez, Sterling, Ake, Mendy, Laporte.

Obviously Laporte and Sterling would be a shock but not impossible. If John signs a new deal we cant expect to keep 4 quality CBs.

Sterling may fancy Spain and FFs could feasibly go back to France.

If we need the funds to purchase a top tier forward we may need to generate a cash stream. I know Fern & Sergio are going, well defo Kun so wages will be free but due to their age & status we will recoup no fee. All hypothetical but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Last edited:
Personally I think we should look to move Mahrez on. Been decent this season, but someone that needs upgrading and this is the last chance to get any kind of fee for him.

Gundo has a fantastic year and people might call me crazy, but if his good season has caught the eye of the likes of Bayern and their willing to give us a hefty profit I don't oppose the idea that we sell. With both him and KdB the wrong side of 30, and Gundo not being as effective in some systems anyway on top of being in the middle of an obvious peak that usually is followed by a steep decline especially for a guy like Gundo where the game has taken such a toll on his body, I think being ruthless and moving him on wouldnt be the worst idea. If we sign a striker and play with he loses a bit of freedom in the "Lampard" role anyway. Let Bernie get his position and make it his own.

For absolute silly money I would be very tempted to sell Raz. Will always be an asset, just think he has made the most out of his abilities here and both him and us might benefit from a change of scenery

There is no way in a million years that Pep would let Gundogan go now

Pretty sure City would sell before that became a realistic option. And his performances this season don’t exactly put him in the strongest bargaining position
Sterling should be looking to extend his contract on his existing terms - he’s on a good wedge and I don’t think there’s much upside for him

I can see the Gundo thought process. Not all players will reach Silva/kun level and if we receive the right offer we may need to sell. I trust Pep to make the right judgment call on who will still be here next season.

Pep has made far too many comments recently to ignore that some of our star players might want out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.