It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure outside of the two Madrid clubs, Barca and PSG, Raz would entertain anybody else right now?

And would they even want him?

If he was wisely advised he would entertain a spurs level move now. If he waits 2 years and our club are smart enough to not renew then the way he's declining it could be a norwich/burnley level move. When raz talks about not going anywhere i think he knows all too well he will never grt a big move now so is putting his eggs in the bumper contract renewal basket...we should stand firm and not do it. Test the big club theory and offer him for someone like trincao perhaps?

Can't know if he has peaked but he is a different physical specimen to others that you have mentioned.

What does not seem to be in doubt is that his confidence has taken a knock and part of that reason is losing his starting place at City to Foden. There have to be other factors too and something has gone on with Pep but not entirely sure what (maybe, and this bit is speculation on my part, Raz needed more of an arm round the shoulder whilst Pep has been tough on him) but Pep did pick him for the UCL final so that looks like a vote of confidence.

I think the issue of whether Sterling stays or goes lies with the player and wether he can cope with being rotated much more than he used to.

What I do firmly believe is that people focus far more, too much, on Raz's failings rather than his attributes. We know that he fluffs his lines more than we'd like but through superb movement, he gets into excellent positions far more than most players. Also, only the other day, Rio F commented on how when he speaks to defenders in the Premier League, they hate playing against Raz because he is a real handful. I think Sterling is under-appreciated by a vast body of supporters but far less by those in the game.

I suspect that it's the mental side of the game that Raz needs more help with and not a case of waning physical powers.

Certainly, I'd move several other players on before Raz but I don't envisage many changes at all this summer.
Im not sure Pep has been tough on him at all tbf. He was certainly granted far more games and opportunities to regain his form than others might have been afforded. And probably more than his performance levels deserved, in all honesty

If he was wisely advised he would entertain a spurs level move now. If he waits 2 years and our club are smart enough to not renew then the way he's declining it could be a norwich/burnley level move. When raz talks about not going anywhere i think he knows all too well he will never grt a big move now so is putting his eggs in the bumper contract renewal basket...we should stand firm and not do it. Test the big club theory and offer him for someone like trincao perhaps?
Norwich/Burnley level move. Jesus Christ.

The level of slander this lad gets will never fail to amaze me.

But that’s a massive financial gamble and one if it was my business I would not take
How is it a massive financial gamble?
We signed him in 2015 for £50 mill. He extended his contract 2 years ago, which takes him through to 2023. If he sees out his contract that’s 8 years service.

Sterling‘s contract depreciation -

£50 mill over 5 years,
15/16 = £50 mill -£10 mill = £40 mill
16/17 = £40 mill -£10 mill = £30 mill
17/18 = £30 mill -£10 mill = £20 mill
New contract 2018 up to 2023 = £20 mill over 5 years
18/19 = £20 mill -£4 mill = £16 mill
19/20 = £16 mill -£4 mill = £12 mill
20/21 = £12 mill -£4 mill = £8 mill

My only but fundamental concern with sterling is his complete incapability to protect the ball when he has it. Too often he gets it pinched because he doesnt use his body to hold the defender off. In a team where we win by sustaining pressure, he is the major weak link in this regard. He has other attributes but our game has evolved, slower and even more possession based and he no longer fits.
If we get a real bid I’d take it and thank you for what youve given over past years but we both need a change.

So is no one here still of the opinion that 2 shit games under the worst manager england has had in 20 years don't actually negate how good he's been the entire season, finished top goalscorer & top assists with a team that finished 7th?

I would still absolutely love harry kane at city and couldn't care less how shit he's looked for england. Think about how ineffective foden was yesterday, does he look like that for city? Absolutely not, because we actually have a decent manager. Take a deep breath.

How is it a massive financial gamble?
We signed him in 2015 for £50 mill. He extended his contract 2 years ago, which takes him through to 2023. If he sees out his contract that’s 8 years service.

Sterling‘s contract depreciation -

£50 mill over 5 years,
15/16 = £50 mill -£10 mill = £40 mill
16/17 = £40 mill -£10 mill = £30 mill
17/18 = £30 mill -£10 mill = £20 mill
New contract 2018 up to 2023 = £20 mill over 5 years
18/19 = £20 mill -£4 mill = £16 mill
19/20 = £16 mill -£4 mill = £12 mill
20/21 = £12 mill -£4 mill = £8 mill
The problem I believe is he wants more than he’s on now and for me that is unjustifiable based on the last 12 months. Why would we give him more. Maybe a 1 year extension is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.