It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s this fascination with ‘recouping’ money after we buy someone?
It’s not how city operate and hasn’t been for over a decade. The academy is the main vehicle for bringing money in, not selling players.

As far as I know ffp still has an effect on what we can spend.
£150 mil for Kane over 5 years is 30 million a year plus his wages on top. We will get nothing for a 32/33 year old

£150 mil for Haaland and if he wants away in 5 years we will hopefully be able to recoup what we`ve spent and hopefully some of what we`ve paid in wages. If he stayed for 10 years it would cost us £15 mil a year plus wages.

Hope that helps.

Add any decent striker who can finish to this city team and they will score goals with the amount of chances we create. Does not have to be a superstar
Would love Haaland but think we could land Andre Silva for well under half the price. Warmed to Lukaku watching him playing for Belgium. Thing is, I'd hate to see Haaland rock up at Chelsea if we pull out.

Would love Haaland but think we could land Andre Silva for well under half the price. Warmed to Lukaku watching him playing for Belgium. Thing is, I'd hate to see Haaland rock up at Chelsea if we pull out.

If Chelsea can put together bids and wages and agents fees to sign Haaland I don’t see why we can’t. We should go toe to toe and not back down to them under any circumstances, because he would be that good a signing for us or for them.

Someone like Silva or Ings are just not worth signing, it would be like settling for some fat girl at the end of a party while some gobshite guy you hate walks home with the stunner you’ve been chatting to. We need to be that gobshite guy. Not fucking Chelsea.

Politics will get in the way. Don’t see PSG and City ever doing business
This part is often exaggerated here. There would be no problems actually. But I just think it's like other clubs, PSG aren't a selling club and neither are City, so they dont look at each other when a gap needs filling.

Mbappé's scenario is different, if he doesn't sign a new 3 year deal, he could leave PSG on a free next summer, and that would allow him to negotiate with anyone. That's where the broke La Liga clubs will come in first, especially Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.