It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the last week on the beaches, chilling away from technology. Decided to have a look and see if Kane had signed yet and it’s bloody fake Ronaldo this, mendes that - I’m turning the phones back off, chucking the iPad back in the box and waxing the boards for the kids before a brisket goes back on the bbq for later !!! I give in with this window lol
I only popped into the little yang sing for a Chinese and thought wtf.

Anyone older than about 25 should remember Chelsea got plenty of "ruining football" and "buying the league" talk from 2003 onwards.

They get less now because 1) They aren't the biggest spenders by any measure and 2) They bring in more money through sales than almost any other club in the world. and 3)They only win a title every 3 or 4 years.

Those of us even older remember sub 10,000 gates at Stamford Bridge in the 80s.

For what it's worth here's my take on the Ronaldo debate.....a good few thousand blues were quite excited by the prospect of signing possibly the best player in the world Messi...even though he was ageing he was good for a couple of seasons...expensive yes...we would of recouped a few quid in sponsorships shirt deals marketing etc etc....he would of scored.and assisted many many goals....would of been invaluable in big moments in big matches with his technique vision and know how....now just for a moment change the name from Messi to ronaldo and all the above still applies....for me it's a no brained....we have no striker...our champions league group is difficult...Liverpool Chelsea united etc are all stronger this year.....younger players for example delap could all learn loads from him....nobody says he's forever....but he buys us time until we identify and buy the new best thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.