It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ain’t buying Haaland in January or in the summer, if you think that you are deluded
I know we won't.

But we *could*. The prices quoted with the release clause aren't that crazy and beyond our abilities.

Just don't have the ambition or desire to engage in a bidding war with other European clubs

It's different in Prem. You cannot win this league trying to promote youth, show me an example from last decade where a team posed a proper title challenge while successfully promoting academy players, there's max 2/3 in each team

But we apparently have this world class academy yet Foden is the only youth player to make the first team since we were taken over.
Rather than promote youth we'd rather go spunk ridiculous money on fringe players. The academy is purely a book balancing machine and the majority of our fans are weirdly ok with it. It's why all our fans unanimously adore Phil, he is the only genuine link between us and the football team we love. Soul has sucked out of the club but it's okay because we win trophies now.

Probably true and bullsh*t in the same breath.

The worst case scenario if true? City used by both Messi/Messi's Dad, and Mendes/Ronaldo to get what they wanted. Messi to resign for Barca, but Barca f*cked up and Messi ended up at PSG. And Ronaldo one final payday and farewell at United. Only Levy stopped Kane coming to City. Kane wanted to come to City. And that is why City wanted Kane!

Come on...the Athletic are no better than the main stream red top press in this country. The lauded themselves as some new wave sports coverage when in fact it is just a load of shite as per usual
Agree. I believe Lu Martin who said we were never seriously in for that Rag. But of course that line doesn't generate clicks. Pep wanted Kane, you could tell from that press conference today that's who he wanted and when we didn't get him we decided to go with what we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.