It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a fake account but if Roy Keane told him then he's getting his info off Micah Richards

Best bet at this point is a loan deal for a forward
But the question is who is going to loan us a forward of any real quality and if they did they would screw us big time
The question is: Loan whom, who'll be better than Torres, Jesus or Delap? It's not like we haven't got options, it's just we don't have a proven world class option. To be honest, this might be the ideal opportunity to see the value of our options, & whether they're worth bothering with.

Most competing clubs buy the ready made product from the chasing pack clubs who have the scope to allow talent with potential to develop in a big league, without the weight of trophy expectation.

As I said yesterday, I'm less concerned about a replacement for Aguero, than I was for Kompany. I knew not replacing Vinny would be a massive fuck up, & so it proved. As it stands I really can't see who's realistically available for the right price & is better than the options we've already got.

In this respect, going balls deep for Haaland is about the only deal which makes any sense. He's proven himself, he's young & even at £150m on a 5 year contract & £350k per week, he'll cost us £50m per season amortised.

If he fulfills his potential, he'll still be young enough to have a massive resale value, & if he extends his contract, we'd be looking at up to £25m per season for one of the world's elite strikers. I've no idea how these figures fit into our financial model, but after the initial transfer fee hit, would £20m - £25m per year for a young superstar striker seem excessive?

Only Mbappé would come close in that respect & he only wants Real Madrid. Unless there's another star striker option I don't know of, or Torres/Delap turn out to be the real deal, I've no idea what other sensible & realistic options are available to us....

The interview wasn’t enough ? Don’t think that’d have made any difference.
It puts pressure on the Spurs board as they have to be seen as fair when negotiating contracts with other players. If they're going to play to the letter then good luck getting players on long term or clause free contracts in the future. Kane was naive in not having clauses put in to allow moving if Spurs didn't qualify for the CL etc but that was out of loyalty to the club he loves, Levy used him in return.

Putting in a request would have made Levy the saint and Kane the devil, but that's what was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.