It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘ve supported City since around 1970, I worked for Peter Swales in his shops, we used to go to away games in the delivery van on Wednesday (half day opening) … I used to have a season ticket but then moved to North Wale
s and couldn’t afford one now… Reading Bluemoon is a great way to “keep in touch”… but I realise I don’t qualify as a supporter because I haven’t posted as many times as others…

I must be a rag ……

Do you list transfer window opening and closing times on your calender every New Year?
Doesn't everyone?

Chelsea have got Saul.

if we win the league this season it will be absolutely incredible. Pep’s true masterpiece.

The neglect shown by the board in not getting a striker is laughable, but having said that there’s still a part of me which thinks we’ll walk the league, but if we do then we only have one person to thank.
Come on Pep!
Neglect would of been allowing players to leave for anything less than what we valued them for.

We won the league last year by 12 points, yes others have strengthened, so have we.

Everyone has improved around us sure, but our squad was already so far ahead that they needed to. Sure it’s a shame and not ideal to not sign a striker, but I’d much rather be going into the season without and waiting for the right choice rather than panicking and signing the wrong one.
We have made big improvements from last season, grealish is a brilliant signing for starters. But the young players we have, which I think is looked over, will only improve; there’s so much more to come from phil and ferran especially, while gabby playing on the wing might finally unlock what he’s truly capable of.
Keeping a hold of Bernardo and Laporte cannot be understated also.

We will have another fantastic season and we will bring in the players we need when they are available. We waited a year to sign a holding midfielder, missing out on Fred/ Jorginho before signing Rodri, same with centre half, missed out on slabhead, waited a year and brought Dias in. In the short term it is annoying but I have full faith the club will identify and get the right players in, and I’m also more than confident we have more than enough to compete on all fronts and win some trophies again this season. There’s no need to panic.

Doyle to Hamburg? We best hope Rodders stays fit we don’t have much cover at DM. Unless the kid lavia has leap frogged Doyle in pecking order?

Swearing is not aggressive … it is simply a weak tool used by people who haven’t got a good enough vocabulary.

Like shakespear, chaucer, Larkin, Welsh and many more literary artsits.

Some people swear, some people don't, some do it a lot some do it in moderation, but it is languague and diferent eras have different measures of how bad it is.

Bollocks, bugger, sod, bloody etc are not considered bad swear words now, yet 30 years ago they were as back as the f word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.