It's quiet thread 6 - all new all dancing!

fbloke said:
As its the Sun no URL provided ;-)

MANCHESTER CITY have taken a giant step towards the sensational £50million capture of Barcelona's Dani Alves - by telling him he will earn £220,000 a week.
City's director of football Mike Briggs flew to Barcelona earlier this week to meet the right-back's representatives and slapped their £11.44m-a-year pay offer on the table.

Briggs also made it clear that City want the Brazilian either next month or next summer.

The Blues need to steal a march on Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal, all of whom have courted Alves, 27.

And although he has won eight trophies since moving to the Nou Camp in the summer of 2008, he has failed to agree terms on a new contract.

Alves' deal ends in 18 months and while City are happy to pay £50m now, they are also prepared to wait and strip Barca of their asset for nothing in June 2011 if they refuse to sell.

hypothetical here,

if we did sign alves what happens to micah/boateng?

does boateng then be moved to CH to rotate with kolo?

or do we just have 3 RBs? 2 of which will never get ahead of Alves?

Jimma said:
fbloke said:

hypothetical here,

Dont forget Zabaletta.
All of right backs are good but to be honest Alves is on a completely different level, Kolarov on the left and Alves on the right would make a huge difference.

20sbc07 said:
Jimma said:
hypothetical here,

Dont forget Zabaletta.
All of right backs are good but to be honest Alves is on a completely different level, Kolarov on the left and Alves on the right would make a huge difference.

i agree but just seems like gettting boateng may have been a bit of a waste then...

wait and see i guess

Jimma said:
20sbc07 said:
Dont forget Zabaletta.

i agree but just seems like gettting boateng may have been a bit of a waste then...

wait and see i guess

Boateng is a centre back but can play all along the back four

Jimma said:
20sbc07 said:
Dont forget Zabaletta.

wait and see i guess

May I suggest Boateng might be the longer term replacement for Kolo, although he is now playing RB his natural position is supposed to be CB.

For me Boateng is not a left back and should only play there if an emergency. Better there than a lot of options we had in the past but as we move forward we need to have quality and I think he is weak on his left though he has played there for Germany and us.

I like Boateng a lot and think once he settles he will be a top player for us. He needs to show patience and we as fans need to show patience with him. Still only a young lad.

It's a squad game and people can get injured. Kolo & Kompany have been superb this season so I think it will be injury or suspension that gives Boateng a run at centre half.

Dani Alves improves the team and is a player for now and next season's Champions League campaign.

fbloke said:

MANCHESTER CITY have taken a giant step towards the sensational £50million capture of Barcelona's Dani Alves - by telling him he will earn £220,000 a week.
City's director of football Mike Briggs flew to Barcelona earlier this week to meet the right-back's representatives and slapped their £11.44m-a-year pay offer on the table.

Briggs also made it clear that City want the Brazilian either next month or next summer.

The Blues need to steal a march on Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal, all of whom have courted Alves, 27.

And although he has won eight trophies since moving to the Nou Camp in the summer of 2008, he has failed to agree terms on a new contract.

Alves' deal ends in 18 months and while City are happy to pay £50m now, they are also prepared to wait and strip Barca of their asset for nothing in June 2011 if they refuse to sell.

Who the hell is he?
I wonder if Mike Rigg went with him.
Epic Sun fail.

really wonder how much we need now that the team is starting to gel. A big-name signing in attack means no regular room for Balo (not gonna happen), Tevez (not gonna happen), or Silva (not gonna happen) when it's already beyond difficult for spectacular players like Johnson, Tevez, and Adebayor to get playing time. I don't think a Torres or Dzeko, or even a Cassano, would come to fill the Jo role of occasionally playing because of injury or to run out stoppage time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.