Ivan Rakitic

Ric

Administrator
Always rated him as a player, but he's apparently made some pretty offensive comments in a recent interview. Not sure if he's been misquoted, but if not then he's a prick.

“I respect gays but do not want them in the same dressing room. I would not exit a team because of that, for I respect gays just like I respect dwarves, fat people and black people, but if possible I'd rather not have gay people in my life”

Always rated him as a player, but he's apparently made some pretty offensive comments in a recent interview. Not sure if he's been misquoted, but if not then he's a prick.

“I respect gays but do not want them in the same dressing room. I would not exit a team because of that, for I respect gays just like I respect dwarves, fat people and black people, but if possible I'd rather not have gay people in my life”

IF that is what he said he is rightfully in the shit

What on earth would motivate you to speak like that?

It wasn't a recent interview, it was from 2012.

It got brought up when he signed for Barcelona in 2014 and he said this -

"It was a misunderstanding. I'm an open person and I have no problems with gay players. I'm open to sharing a dressing room with anyone who is a good person and a good player, and sexual orientation is not important to me."

So make of that what you will.

"It was a misunderstanding. I'm an open person and I have no problems with gay players. I'm open to sharing a dressing room with anyone who is a good person and a good player, and sexual orientation is not important to me."

I make of it that his PR advisor jumped in quick and told him to backtrack.

You don’t say shit like he said without being a homophobic dinosaur prick.

I remember reading that follow up quote at the time, which was fairly obvious he was going to write with the predictable I was misunderstood.
Maybe he was :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.