I've broke my Galaxy S 2

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

I tried to be a smart arse and root my Samsung S2, to do so I needed to upload some insecure firmware. I followed the instructions to the T, I downloaded an insecure firmware version that was as close to my current Kernel version, It successfully downloaded onto my device but now its stuck onto the reboot page which looks like this....

rootingsgs5.jpg

It's been like that for the past 20 minutes now, I've reset the phone back to factory settings, I've cleared the entire phone from the debug menu but nothing is happening as it doesn't effect the firmware and still it remains on the reboot screen!!

Surely I'll be covered on my insurence?? Will this be classed as accidental damage? Or would I be best of saying my phone was robbed?

Can you boot into download mode? Switch off, switch back on while holding volumedown, home and power buttons.

I had this happen to me, I had to get it into download mode and put a new kernel and firmware on it.

Google... yellow triangle stuck galaxy s2 its a common problem..

Don't worry it'l be fine you are just gonna have to fuck around for a bit, I remember shitting it too..

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
I tried to be a smart arse and root my Samsung S2, to do so I needed to upload some insecure firmware. I followed the instructions to the T, I downloaded an insecure firmware version that was as close to my current Kernel version, It successfully downloaded onto my device but now its stuck onto the reboot page which looks like this....

rootingsgs5.jpg

It's been like that for the past 20 minutes now, I've reset the phone back to factory settings, I've cleared the entire phone from the debug menu but nothing is happening as it doesn't effect the firmware and still it remains on the reboot screen!!

Surely I'll be covered on my insurence?? Will this be classed as accidental damage? Or would I be best of saying my phone was robbed?

Well you could say it was robbed, but that would be fraud, wouldn't it?

glen quagmire said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:

rootingsgs5.jpg

Well you could say it was robbed, but that would be fraud, wouldn't it?

My phone has been stolen a few times now only hours after it has been dropped down the toilet or cracked screen. I'm amazed the thieves steal my phones in such bad condition lol. Easy to do just turn the phone off leave it to the next day phone the cops and get a reference number and roberts your mothers brother as they say

Right I've managed to get it into download mode I'm currently downloading the old firmware I'm going to try to flash the firmware onto my phone and hope for the best!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.