Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish is the far superior player with much better control. I do agree that we would probably not sign him because of having similar profiles.
Right now he is a better player - or at least, he's a player that can have more impact on a game. But he's 25 and Foden's 20, so this isn't very surprising. In the long run Foden will be a better player, in my opinion. (that said, if it were up to me I'd both sign him and obviously keep Foden).

Right now he is a better player - or at least, he's a player that can have more impact on a game. But he's 25 and Foden's 20, so this isn't very surprising. In the long run Foden will be a better player, in my opinion. (that said, if it were up to me I'd both sign him and obviously keep Foden).
I think Foden and Grealish are very different players. I would swap Grealish for Mahrez though.

Grealish looking the real deal so far this year.

he always wants the ball and his ball retention are first class . Would fit in well in our midfield

I'd be very happy with that swap.Slightly more unpopular,but i'd also swap Sterling for Traore.
Unpopular because it’s a mental opinion that reads as though you’ve only ever seen Traore play against us when he has is one of 2/3 great games a season.

Even now, after a few years of proving all of his detractors wrong, the fact there are those who still think we should get rid of Sterling is mind blowing.

Unpopular because it’s a mental opinion that reads as though you’ve only ever seen Traore play against us when he has is one of 2/3 great games a season.

Even now, after a few years of proving all of his detractors wrong, the fact there are those who still think we should get rid of Sterling is mind blowing.

That's garbage,Traore has become far more consistent over the past 18 months,as Raul will be happy to testify.He is so powerful,always direct and causes the opposition nightmares when he's on the charge.

Sterling is a very good player,i don't want rid of him as such,but i do think he's a bit lightweight,his cheating annoys me,and i do think there are players that would suit our team better out there,and if one of those presents themselves....

That's garbage,Traore has become far more consistent over the past 18 months,as Raul will be happy to testify.He is so powerful,always direct and causes the opposition nightmares when he's on the charge.

Sterling is a very good player,i don't want rid of him as such,but i do think he's a bit lightweight,his cheating annoys me,and i do think there are players that would suit our team better out there,and if one of those presents themselves....

Pretty much covers it.

I rally do not understand why the reaction is often outrage on here if Sterling is questioned in terms of whether or not he is the best we can have. He is a good player but his inconsistency and his finishing and are someway short of him being a top world class player.

That does not mean we should be selling him nor does it mean we should not be looking to bring in better should the chance arise, even if it did mean moving Sterling on.

Last edited:

Traore isn’t close to being as good as Sterling and the things you mention are the kind of things I read about him 4 years ago when it was all the rage to slag him off.
Lightweight? He fights his corner as much as anybody in that team and is often seen holding his own against far bigger opposition.
Cheating? The lad is denied pens and free kicks most weeks after being blatantly fouled. The only cheating going on is by the officials.
Let’s be honest, it’s the few glaring misses that piss people off about Sterling but most forget he’s one of the most productive players in the Premier league.
Honestly thought he’d won everybody over by now but it seems he’s still got to go the extra mile for some.

I think Foden and Grealish are very different players. I would swap Grealish for Mahrez though.

Grealish is most like Bernardo of our squad IMO. He's faster and not quite so good in terms of ball control, but he's like an English version.

I'm glad he's getting the recognition on here now, after the lockdown I ended up watching a lot of Villa games and I thought he was excellent, it really changed my opinion on him but a lot on here were bit slow to change their minds and were horrified by the transfer links.

Not sure where he would fit into our side though with Foden, Bernardo and KDB already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.