Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
If £100M is the price, then no.
We have all the quality we need in A.M., and even though his numbers were as good as KDB last season, Grealish is not, for me, a £100M man.

Thats a shit ton of money that could be used for other players, and we need to start bringing some of these high quality youngsters through.
Considering Foden is our best left winger, and will continue to be used there, do we really have all the quality we need in attacking midfield? Bernardo is trying to leave. So we have KDB and Gundogan. That’s it. And both are 30. We can include Foden too if we go with Sterling and Mahrez on the wings. But even then, 3 players for 2 positions over a roughly 60 game season? Not enough. Grealish walks into our team tbh, he’s that good.

He's not wrong, that's exactly the odds as he described 7/2 to stay. Not 7/2 On. And Skybet don't close the book they will limit it first as per account holder. There's money on this market going in both directions and that's why it keeps fluctuating.

Apologies.
After re reading it.
I have been watching sky bet odds closely, and yesterday they only fluctuated slightly, it was the previous day the odds were swinging wildly.

Usually the sky bet odds need to go 1/10 to reveal large money, though i have seen even those bomb on there.

And this morning sky bet closed the book or rather suspended it on Grealish staying at Villa. Interesting

£100m i s a lot of money. Villa should be able to build a team with that but I think they should have done a lot more a lot earlier, e.g., imagine how much they will have to pay for Ward-Prowse.

£100m is an extraordinary fee, and it's a lot more than I imagined because I thought Grealish and his agent had inserted a release lause in his contract and assumed that they'd have set it lower but Grealish is an extraordinary player. Foden, and de Bruyne are too but I think Grealish is at their level. I believe that City are blessed with players in his position (KDB, Foden, Benrardo) and IMO there are three positions where we could strengthen: left back, centre-forward and defensive midfield and he is none of those but on the other hand he is the most talented English player since Gazza (Foden apart). This is what Real Madrid or Bayern Munich do, and what Man Utd used to do, hoover up the best players in their league. Let us hope he follows through with this deal once he is back home but I don't think he will have much hesitation. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a footballer. A chance to play for the best side in the history of English football, the best coach and achieve everything you dreamed of a player.

If £100M is the price, then no.
We have all the quality we need in A.M., and even though his numbers were as good as KDB last season, Grealish is not, for me, a £100M man.

Thats a shit ton of money that could be used for other players, and we need to start bringing some of these high quality youngsters through.
We will have plenty of ackers to complete our other "major signing" so stop flapping.
Once in a lifetime a talented player like Grealish comes along and you make a grab for him.Its strengthens our team and weakens our nearest rivals to be.
City aren`t run by fools.

WE ARE GETTING OVER 100M FROM PLAYER SALES AND ADD ONS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME.
FFS LISTEN AND READ THE THREADS.
I think we have £46m to date with two small incoming deals in the pipeline. I can see City spending £100m on Grealish, £130m on Kane, and bringing in a leftback for £260m outgoings and bringing in £60m at least in player sales.

A lot of money but City won the league title and got to the CL final. Far better to put that money on the pitch than hoard it in the bank. Ask Wenger's critics about that, or even Liverpool fans if they are honest. That club went a generation without a league title, then won the CL and the Premier League, didn't strengthen, and their team is at its end in probably their final season now as credible title challengers. Klopp can say all he likes but this is how title-winners behave. They use the money and reputation they have earned to buy the best players to remain the best. Long may this continue.

We will have plenty of ackers to complete our other "major signing" so stop flapping.
Once in a lifetime a talented player like Grealish comes along and you make a grab for him.Its strengthens our team and weakens our nearest rivals to be.
City aren`t run by fools.

Agree and disagree.
You are right, City are well run .
Grealish a once in a lifetime player ?
Not at all, unless you have led a pretty quiet life -)

Once in a lifetime players, do not get to 25 playing for Aston Villa, struggle to get in the National team, and score a total of 15 premier league goals.

Saying that I look forward to watching him if he comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.