Jack Harrison - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would be very fair of us to offer him a squad spot as we probably wont be able to offer him any playing time... unless Pep really likes him.

Although if the right club doesn't come in for him in this window then perhaps staying with City until Jan, training with Pep and the squad and maybe even getting a few appearances might end up a worthwhile gamble for him if he then gets a good move at the end of it... unless he surpasses all expectations and we keep him.

As someone said after the game last night Bernardo is looking very good centrally if Pep moves him there for rotation with David Silva and KDB that opens up a spot on the right as cover for Sterling. Not sure Diaz is quite ready for the physicality yet to have too many games on the wings, the rest of his game is looking very good though.

Last edited:
Yes it does. Unless you are getting confused with the 4club trained players for the champions league.

No it doesn't. Being Home grown has nothing to do with your nationality and everything to do with the location of the academy you went to.

Eric Dier born in England, English, didn't go to an English academy between 15-21 years old so isn't home grown.

Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, not even close to being English, home grown. Because they spent 3 consecutive seasons or 36 months at an academy in England between the age of 15 and 21.

Club trained players are homegrown qualified players who earned that status at your club specifically. It's in the name "club trained"

Harrison is a good kid. I will say that on the whole, the US systems stunt development of most players that stay past 18 years old. That's why you are seeing a flood of kids to Germany right now as they would rather have to spend a year getting caught up than having to spend 2 or 3 and then being a 25 year old trying to catch on to a club that thinks if he doesn't have "it" by now, he won't develop. Harrison actually has quite a lot of matches under his belt albeit mostly in MLS. Which is getting better, but still not an easy springboard into the Premier League. He was the #1 draft pick in MLS in 2016 and once he got over a fractured pelvis, was a mainstay as a rookie. Truly one of the best young talents to get their start in MLS.

I don't know how to read his two performances. Both looked good to me, and he's shined in a high press - ball control system, so his learning curve on the pitch isn't nearly as high as it would be for most players. I don't see a spot on the roster this year for him either and he probably will get a loan out. Hopefully to a lower PL side. I don't know that anybody can make a determination as to how good he can be based on where he's played and who he has played with.

This boy was really impressive in both pre-season friendlies. He's good 1on1 defensively, shows good positional awareness, looks really tidy on the ball, he can cross, he can play out from the back. People on here haven't mentioned him that often. Based on these two performances, he's more than good enough to be fighting for a left-back spot with Delph to be a back up to Mendy.

No it doesn't. Being Home grown has nothing to do with your nationality and everything to do with the location of the academy you went to.

Eric Dier born in England, English, didn't go to an English academy between 15-21 years old so isn't home grown.

Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, not even close to being English, home grown. Because they spent 3 consecutive seasons or 36 months at an academy in England between the age of 15 and 21.

Club trained players are homegrown qualified players who earned that status at your club specifically. It's in the name "club trained"
Fair enough if what youre saying is correct, but why would they bring in the homegrown rule to benefit british talent when in fact its potentially a barrier to stop them getting game time, if youve used up your foreign quota Jack Harrison an englishman, loses out on potential game time. Thats ridiculous.

EDIT: I dont know if hes U21 and I know he is actually homegrown, but just being hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.