Jack Rodwell

bigdavecox90

Not sure if many of you are listening to Talksport this morning, but Jack Rodwell is being slated by many.

Having recently signed for Blackburn on a one-year deal, many Sunderland fans saying he's 'bled the club dry'. Has he really? Or was it their mistake on signing him up to such a huge contract?

Was his career ruined by City? Or his own doing?

Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

He seems happy warming a bench tbh. I think it is him, some players get that big contract and they think they have already passed the finish line.

Another victim of young English player syndrome. Starts to believe his own hype, then the big money arrives and the effort on the pitch goes.

Interesting thoughts.

Personally, I think he's had a bit of a rough time. A few nasty injuries, but surely no player wants to just sit on the bench and accept that? Perhaps I'm a little ignorant on this front, but just can't see it myself.

He had started to get a bit of a reputation as a "sicknote" in his last couple of years at Everton which should really have sounded alarm bells with us at the time we signed him. From there it's just been a downhill slide, whether it's a mental or physical issue I've no idea but it's a shame really as at his best he was quite a talented player.

It's a bit much Sunderland moaning though, they ignored the same warning signs as City had previously done and still handed him a fat contract.

He had started to get a bit of a reputation as a "sicknote" in his last couple of years at Everton which should really have sounded alarm bells with us at the time we signed him. From there it's just been a downhill slide, whether it's a mental or physical issue I've no idea but it's a shame really as at his best he was quite a talented player.

It's a bit much Sunderland moaning though, they ignored the same warning signs as City had previously done and still handed him a fat contract.

My point exactly mate.

Injuries certainly played their part. For someone who does have/did have talent though it seems hard to believe he could not make an impact even at Sunderland. Logic forces me to assume a lack of application outside of an extreme private reason.

Huge waste. I thought we’d hit gold with this kid. Seems he’s happy picking up huge wages with very little in return. Injuries can be blamed so much, but they don’t account for his portrayed attitude. Shit career. Nice bank balance. He’s used football for his own personal gain without giving anything to the clubs he’s played for. He’s not the first, and he won’t be the last.

I don't think you can blame any footballer for picking up wages they are offered. What do you expect them to do?

When he moved to us I thought he would do ok but he would have been a squad player at the time and in reality we were always going to be adding to that squad so he took on a challenge and then got injured and never really got back in contention. So no surprise in the end he left with little having been achieved.

The Sunderland saga is the most remarkable bit. I haven't followed what went on in detail but they were a dross outfit which makes you think did that have a negative effect on him at a time when he needed to build confidence? Who knows what went on?

Hope he does well at Blackburn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.