Jadon Sancho

That's the point, it's not what's happening now which has created the problem. If we keep up the way we are going, we may repair it. Unfortunately, it probably won't rescue the Diaz situation, but we can't be perfect.

As regads the senior players, the perfect situation would be that one or two kids come through, are as good or better long term & replace a couple of them, so they do lose playing time as we go along & are then sold.

I’m not entirely sure what the Diaz ‘situation’ actually is?

What type of player do you see him as? Do you think he’d be competing centrally or with Sterling/Sane/Mahrez?

I don't see him as a wide player, although he can play there.

Imo Diaz is currently lacking a in a lot of areas, & how he improves that, determines what kind of player he ends up & how good he becomes. He doesn't have the extra pace of Sterling & Sané so he can never become someone who runs away from players like they do. So I don't think his ideal future position is wide.

But all the other stuff he lacks, could easily be down to playing kids football or often no competitive football, a lot of of the time.

If we look how Sterling has improved in football intelligence, final pass, finishing, the same improvement in Diaz in the coming years could see him become a top player in pretty much any creative position.

On the other hand, if he lacks the football brain to make those improvements, he would just be Joe Cole.

I don't see him as a wide player, although he can play there.

Imo Diaz is currently lacking a in a lot of areas, & how he improves that, determines what kind of player he ends up & how good he becomes. He doesn't have the extra pace of Sterling & Sané so he can never become someone who runs away from players like they do. So I don't think his ideal future position is wide.

But all the other stuff he lacks, could easily be down to playing kids football or often no competitive football, a lot of of the time.

If we look how Sterling has improved in football intelligence, final pass, finishing, the same improvement in Diaz in the coming years could see him become a top player in pretty much any creative position.

On the other hand, if he lacks the football brain to make those improvements, he would just be Joe Cole.

I see him as a central player too. Perhaps a year too soon for Brahim, possibly 2. We are loaded in that area and it was a choice between him and Phil imo. One of them was always going and it was never going to be Phil.

Looks to have scored the winner in the Schalke-Dortmund derby:

At this rate he's going to be a big reason why Dortmund win the league.

Looks to have scored the winner in the Schalke-Dortmund derby:

At this rate he's going to be a big reason why Dortmund win the league.

That's a great goal: trickery, pass, movement and finish. Sublime skill set.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.