Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I do think based off what they've done thus far in their careers it's not crazy to say Sancho is currently a better player than Torres, but the recruitment of the two goes to show the differences between how City and United are run in regards to transfers. We have a bigger need (CB) and we never pay the absolute top dollar for transfers, so we went out and found a skilled, technical winger to with only one year left on his contract at a bargain price to integrate in the team replacing Sane. They could use another midfielder and CB and yet they're spending over 100m on a winger because he's marketable. Will he improve them? Absolutely, but this likely means they'll be bringing in lower quality in midfield and defense than they could have if they went for someone like Torres.
They’ve been lacking a quality RW for ages. Greenwood’s looked good but he’ll end up a striker. Plus he can’t play 50 games a season given how average Dan James looks to be. It makes a lot of sense, shame he’s going to them.

Yes they could have gone for Torres, I’m glad we’ve got him, but let’s not pretend Sancho isn’t a massive coup, especially since Inter are taking Sanchez’s massive wages off their books.

They’ve been lacking a quality RW for ages. Greenwood’s looked good but he’ll end up a striker. Plus he can’t play 50 games a season given how average Dan James looks to be. It makes a lot of sense, shame he’s going to them.

Yes they could have gone for Torres, I’m glad we’ve got him, but let’s not pretend Sancho isn’t a massive coup, especially since Inter are taking Sanchez’s massive wages off their books.
Sancho is a huge upgrade if not a coup and he will seriously improve them whatever the cost.

Why have we got a 183 page thread in a transfer forum on a former player we're not going to buy, and with many of us disliking the manner in which he departed.

This is a waste of bandwidth
It's the transfer thread, not the 'Just City Transfers' thread. And he will/maybe a major transfer this window. As ever if you don't like a thread then don't look at it.

If the figures being bandied about are anywhere close to correct then it's not a coup, it's just that no one else is willing to come near them.

Edit: it's not something I've particularly looked at but aren't United paying Sanchez off so he can sign for free?

Sancho is a huge upgrade if not a coup and he will seriously improve them whatever the cost.

Pogba was supposed to seriously improve them but has failed to do it so far. For all we know Sancho might turn out to be less successful than expected or a bad influence in the change room or whatever. He is likely to improve them but it's not guaranteed. And it's dubious that he will seriously improve them 'whatever the cost'. For the more expensive he is, the less money they will spend on other parts of the team, e.g. on defence.

Everyone would have wanted us to get Sancho but it was not really feasible at every level. We won't be paying 300k per week for a 20-year-old when KDB arguably the best player in the world gets 250k. It is just not good economics

We don't need such a big transfer. We have one of the best of set attacking players in the world what we need is a tight defence and a tighter midfield. That is our priority and our recent transfers allude to this fact.

And lastly, you just don't piss off one of the most talented and respected Coach in the world as a 17-year-old and come back from it. Whatever your reasons may be.
United are becoming the new PSG. Buying every shine toy in the market, giving them exorbitant wages and then pray for miracles to happen.IMHO that is not sustainable and they will crash and burn. Or I sincerely hope they do :)

If the figures being bandied about are anywhere close to correct then it's not a coup, it's just that no one else is willing to come near them.

Edit: it's not something I've particularly looked at but aren't United paying Sanchez off so he can sign for free?

United will be stumping up £30m but the media have agreed to look the other way and are spinning it as United removing cost when in fact they are taking another financial hit. Sanchez has rinsed them !

It's the transfer thread, not the 'Just City Transfers' thread. And he will/maybe a major transfer this window. As ever if you don't like a thread then don't look at it.
Its a fair point though, although we are not quite at the insanity level of the 3000+ page Pogba thread.

Oh absolutely. While some on here have slagged him off because he left, I've thought for a while its clear that he's one of the top young talents in the world. He didn't want to wait on an opportunity here and he gambled on himself in Germany and its paid off. I have no ill will for him and he will improve their front line. My point was just that I don't see that as their biggest need this current transfer window, and if they aren't going to sign him he may still be available next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.