Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any truth to this, post Covid, £90 million is very serious money indeed. I think it would be strange if Dortmund didn't go for this. The more so in that they know Sancho will simply go to Bayern at some point otherwise. For less.

£90m of club fines.
tu3xhUI.gif

If there's any truth to this, post Covid, £90 million is very serious money indeed. I think it would be strange if Dortmund didn't go for this. The more so in that they know Sancho will simply go to Bayern at some point otherwise. For less.

We have a bunch of players who can play his position as well as he can.

It wouldn't make sense unless Mahrez was going the other way .

We have a bunch of players who can play his position as well as he can.

It wouldn't make sense unless Mahrez was going the other way .

We seem to be at cross purposes. Possibly due to my wording. What I saw (today) was a rumour to the effect that United are preparing to make that offer for him. Not us. There's no chance whatsoever that we'll pay that money for him, or anyone else of his age who is not truly tested as yet. The only player of round about that age that you could possibly make out a case for for that money (and more) is Mbappe, in my view.
As long as Pep's here, I don't think he'd want Dortmund to even give him to us, in fact. Pep's a proud man. The club did eveything it reasonably could, Sancho made the choice to go elsewhere. He's done well, and good luck to him, I say. All parties were justified in their stance. He won't be back. And yes, I agree, we don't really need him. But then, did/do we need Messi? Be nice to have him, though, wouldn't it?
What we need is a top quality centre half. This has become my mantra for the summer and most of last season, but it happens to be true. I hope to God we get one in before the end of the window. And I still trust that we will.

We seem to be at cross purposes. Possibly due to my wording. What I saw (today) was a rumour to the effect that United are preparing to make that offer for him. Not us. There's no chance whatsoever that we'll pay that money for him, or anyone else of his age who is not truly tested as yet. The only player of round about that age that you could possibly make out a case for for that money (and more) is Mbappe, in my view.
As long as Pep's here, I don't think he'd want Dortmund to even give him to us, in fact. Pep's a proud man. The club did eveything it reasonably could, Sancho made the choice to go elsewhere. He's done well, and good luck to him, I say. All parties were justified in their stance. He won't be back. And yes, I agree, we don't really need him. But then, did/do we need Messi? Be nice to have him, though, wouldn't it?
What we need is a top quality centre half. This has become my mantra for the summer and most of last season, but it happens to be true. I hope to God we get one in before the end of the window. And I still trust that we will.

Ah right, sorry

Ah right, sorry

No worries, mate. I generally like reading your posts about the Academy, because you seem to be one of the few people on here who gets along to matches from time to time. Unfortunately, I can't. If I still lived in Manchester, I would. The Academy has got to produce the occasional player who breaks into the first time. It can't just be a money making exercise. And of course, it has.

No worries, mate. I generally like reading your posts about the Academy, because you seem to be one of the few people on here who gets along to matches from time to time. Unfortunately, I can't. If I still lived in Manchester, I would. The Academy has got to produce the occasional player who breaks into the first time. It can't just be a money making exercise. And of course, it has.

Cheers.

But I went to youth team games for 50 odd years but I've stopped now because there is no point when you see kids who deserve a chance over & over, never get 5 mins on the pitch.

I just watch what I can around the internet now.

It is great that one or two are appearing now though. Hope Braaf gets involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.