Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to get rid of mahrez and bring sancho back! Never gonna happen though unfortunately

I'm not sure you've thought that through.

Scenario 1. City have a 15% sell on, and Dortmund ask for £108m. Dortmund receive £92m and City receive £16m.

Scenario 2. City waive the 15% sell on to get a discount on Haaland. Dormund now ask for £88m and get £88m.

Discounting the price gets them less money, and completely nullifies the benefit of City dropping the 15% share.

If for example we asked for £15m off the Haaland price to drop out 15% stake in Sancho, Dortmund would end up with £19m less than if they'd just kept things as they were.

And what incentive would we have to do a deal that got United Sancho for cheaper, unless the discount on Haaland was more than the 15% we would get from Sancho's sale to United?

I suspect this rumour is bollocks, but if not, it likely is just a knock on effect of his contract being 1 year shorter. It ends in 2023, so whereas last year they had Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 to find a buyer before the "only 1 year left" discount halved his price, now they only have this summer. And it's the most depressed transfer market ever, with all the big clubs losing a lot of money.
'Discounting the price gets them less money', pretty sure you either contradicted yourself or answered your own question(take your pick) later on?

As you say there's 1 year less on his contract and the last year (and god knows how many more) has shrunk the market so they wouldn't be selling him at £108 regardless. Perhaps it helps us with Haaland as a 'we scratch your back, you scratch ours' sort of deal. We don't necessarily have to use it to get a discounted price on him.

Just in case you missed it by the way, there is a smiley at the end of my original post.

After seeing the way that Foden has progressed in the last few years I wonder if Pancho has had second thoughts on leaving us. I wonder how good this guy could have been if he had stayed and progressed as Pep would have liked.

Reactions: Itd
Not happening & right now not good enough

His stock has dropped massively imo, I've watched him in the last 6 months & hes been bang average 100m not a fooking chance

The 15% would be wise to use on Haaland

Sancho aint wearing a City kit..
Hes been average for a while as you say, stat pads against the shite in Bundesliga and goes missing in the big games. Hasn't got the mentality to reach the top, even the rags won't bother with him now.

He’s an absolutely elite player and if he wanted to come back I’m positive Pep would welcome him with open arms

He’s an absolutely elite player and if he wanted to come back I’m positive Pep would welcome him with open arms

Really don’t think he would want him back given the circumstances surrounding Sancho’s departure.

Shame he is stinking the place out at BVB rather doing so at the swamp with them having already spunked £100m on him.

Don't know how a 20-year-old with 10 G&A in 18 games, as well as 33 last season and 26 before is suddenly an 'average player'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.