Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a special footballing talent who is doing better than anyone expected at Borussia Dortmund but he is a starter every week, one of their main men, and he does deserve to be. I am not sure that he would accept parity with other world class players and we know that he certainly expects a commitment to game time. I am not so sure that he would suit us in the same way as I don't think Ronaldo would suit us: neither are the humble men that we have built our squad around. I have been watching a lot of Jayden Braaf, who appears to have similar skills and qualities.

We need the best players in the world that may be available, regardless of their personality. Pep, as any great manager should, is able to integrate all personality types into an effective team.

We need some more confident, arrogant lads anyway, particularly ones as gifted as Sancho. We absolutely cannot let him go to a major rival, or we'll regret it more than van dijk going to the scousers.

Get the lad signed whatever it takes, he's a winner.

We need the best players in the world that may be available, regardless of their personality. Pep, as any great manager should, is able to integrate all personality types into an effective team.
That's such rubbish. We have won the league twice in the last two seasons because we've had players who have put the team before themselves. We've had Aguero changing his style completely, we've had Bernardo playing as a lone striker chasing Liverpool defenders desperately trying to preserve a lead, we've had Sterling dedicating endless time in training to becoming our main front man, we've had De Bruyne putting in tackles all over the pitch, we've had Delph and then Zinchenko playing for two full seasons out of position. And that's taking Kompany, Fernandinho and Silva for granted. We've had personalities in the dressing room who have won a double, followed by a treble, getting 198 points in the process and playing the best football we've ever seen.

Not a single arrogant prick among them, just hardworking players who put the team before themselves.

@domalino This is a generalisation too before you have a heart attack and start ranting again.

Could ask: so we need players like Pogba, Sanchez, VVD or even Maguire,?

I dont think we need those personalities at city, we certainly dont need players with personalities bigger than their playing skill regardless of how good they are.

I'd agree tho, get Sancho back as soon as we can.

I really hope that Sane is going to be as good as he was, and that he stays with us, but I think we really would benefit from having Jadon back - not solely to keep him out of other teams, but for his skill and what he can bring to City.

We need some more confident, arrogant lads anyway, particularly ones as gifted as Sancho. We absolutely cannot let him go to a major rival, or we'll regret it more than van dijk going to the scousers.

Not sure I agree with this at all. The rags have proved year after year that buying egos and talent does not equal success. If pep has big doubts over his attitude and personality then he’d be absolutely right in not going for him. Bad eggs (not saying he is) can cause real problems in the squad and that’s something haven’t had in a long time and look how well we’ve done.

Not sure I agree with this at all. The rags have proved year after year that buying egos and talent does not equal success. If pep has big doubts over his attitude and personality then he’d be absolutely right in not going for him. Bad eggs (not saying he is) can cause real problems in the squad and that’s something haven’t had in a long time and look how well we’ve done.

Exactly this. If Pep feels that there would be an " issue with Sancho's pesonality " then we will not be making any move for him.

The rags methods show how successful the " galacticos approach " is for a team with real intents .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.