Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the frustration mainly stems from the fact that, whilst his game time isn't terrible on the face of it, it should be higher, purely based on merit.

He's performed in nearly every game he's played in, but there's been periods where he's played 3 consecutive games and then doesn't get another start for 1 month, despite completely justifying his inclusion.

do you know how dangerous it would be if Foden was playing more because he simply deserves / merits it?
what about the players we paid money for?

As Pep has said countless times: He is not bieng fair to Foden at all, It is him deciding to block Foden's game time, despite the fact that Foden merits more playing time.

but then again..
Mahrez cost £60m and he deserves to play more.
Cancelo cost £60m and he deserves a chance to play more.
Bernardo cost £45m and he deserves to play more.

and those 3 are more experienced then Foden...

When Foden starts playing more regularly, it won't be simply because he merits it.
it's a small but important distinction.
It will make them all better players in the long run. Merit does not guarantee you anything in this team...

Foden & The fans are not the only ones frustrated by this.
Because as Zinchenko said:

Mahrez had no Pity shown to him:

Great talent but seems to have had issues at City and Dortmund? Do we really need him or should we strengthen elsewhere? Also...... would we even have him back? Foden has been played wide in some of his recent games and done well. Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo, Foden, Sane (for now) all occupy does wide positions. Braaf coming through....

I don't have any grudge against him for leaving when he did but I wouldnt sign him because there are no guarantees he wouldn't act in that manner in 3 to 4 years time and we end up selling him below the market value. It's a risky investment and there are other areas which require more attention

Some players want to be the main man and don’t care about winning as long as they shine
Others want trophies and be part of something
Depends which one sancho is

do you know how dangerous it would be if Foden was playing more because he simply deserves / merits it?
what about the players we paid money for?

As Pep has said countless times: He is not bieng fair to Foden at all, It is him deciding to block Foden's game time, despite the fact that Foden merits more playing time.

but then again..
Mahrez cost £60m and he deserves to play more.
Cancelo cost £60m and he deserves a chance to play more.
Bernardo cost £45m and he deserves to play more.

and those 3 are more experienced then Foden...

When Foden starts playing more regularly, it won't be simply because he merits it.
it's a small but important distinction.
It will make them all better players in the long run. Merit does not guarantee you anything in this team...

Foden & The fans are not the only ones frustrated by this.
Because as Zinchenko said:

Mahrez had no Pity shown to him:

The reason why Sancho left was because he wanted assurance that he would get playing time in the first team, Pep doesn't give anyone assurances he plays people on merit and tactics.

With the 8 mill received from Dortmund plus 15% discount, a possible 10-15 made from a Leroy transfer, plus 8-10 saved in potential wage increase, not to mention a fall in transfer fees in general, could see this deal make absolute financial sense, we’d be getting a talented English homegrown player, With 10 years plus in front of him, I’m sure he’s hungry to win trophies, he’s got Raz to guide him, and Pep to iron out any defensive inadequacies, what might feel like a huge gamble is in a fact a no brainer....don’t think I would cope with the rags snapping him up, you could almost predict the press clippings for the next 5 years

With the 8 mill received from Dortmund plus 15% discount, a possible 10-15 made from a Leroy transfer, plus 8-10 saved in potential wage increase, not to mention a fall in transfer fees in general, could see this deal make absolute financial sense, we’d be getting a talented English homegrown player, With 10 years plus in front of him, I’m sure he’s hungry to win trophies, he’s got Raz to guide him, and Pep to iron out any defensive inadequacies, what might feel like a huge gamble is in a fact a no brainer....don’t think I would cope with the rags snapping him up, you could almost predict the press clippings for the next 5 years

For the next 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.