Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun to slag them off and everything but I feel like I'm only checking this thread sporadically on the off chance we've been linked to him at the last minute.
You mean like when we were meant to be in for berbatov or was it van persie and baconface supposedly wanted him last min and they hijacked the deal with baconface driving him to carrington from airport...

Reports that united will pay the asking price but only if it's on the never never, I expect Rashford and Pogba to be booting the door down to get a pay hike id Sancho lands at the swamp.

Dortmund telling them to pay up or fuck off.

IMO, I do think based off what they've done thus far in their careers it's not crazy to say Sancho is currently a better player than Torres, but the recruitment of the two goes to show the differences between how City and United are run in regards to transfers. We have a bigger need (CB) and we never pay the absolute top dollar for transfers, so we went out and found a skilled, technical winger to with only one year left on his contract at a bargain price to integrate in the team replacing Sane. They could use another midfielder and CB and yet they're spending over 100m on a winger because he's marketable. Will he improve them? Absolutely, but this likely means they'll be bringing in lower quality in midfield and defense than they could have if they went for someone like Torres.

Reports that united will pay the asking price but only if it's on the never never, I expect Rashford and Pogba to be booting the door down to get a pay hike id Sancho lands at the swamp.
But...but...they play for the love of the club...:)

IMO, I do think based off what they've done thus far in their careers it's not crazy to say Sancho is currently a better player than Torres, but the recruitment of the two goes to show the differences between how City and United are run in regards to transfers. We have a bigger need (CB) and we never pay the absolute top dollar for transfers, so we went out and found a skilled, technical winger to with only one year left on his contract at a bargain price to integrate in the team replacing Sane. They could use another midfielder and CB and yet they're spending over 100m on a winger because he's marketable. Will he improve them? Absolutely, but this likely means they'll be bringing in lower quality in midfield and defense than they could have if they went for someone like Torres.

Don’t forget Sancho left because he wanted first team football and he wasn’t good enough to get that with us and now the rags are about to be screwed for £100million+, you couldn’t make it up.

Absolutely spot on.

i used the Chelsea example in another thread. They bought Ziyech and Werner, two absolutely terrific players for less than what United will sign Sancho. It is just an absolute no brainer. Werner for under 50m is exactly what United need, but they are more interested in attracting the latest poster boy who grew up "in da hood init fam!" or whatever language or slang Sancho uses.

City have more pressing concerns at CB, LB and finding a future replacement for Aguero. I do agree that with Utd spending so much on Sancho, this could really set them back in obtaining other high quality targets. A CB to partner Maguire and a CDM to replace the ageing Matic is key for United IMO. Fred and Mctominay are bang average and Lindelof is weak and not good enough. I still don't think they have a natural goalscorer either. Martial is the type of player that can go missing for periods throughout the season. He might start to find more consistency, but there are no guarentees with him like there are with Aguero, Kane and Aubameyang.

Last edited:
Woo Wars lubing up as we speak.
I'll laugh my bollocks off if they get bummed for 120 million whatevers for a player who isn't as good as one we've just sold for up to about 52 mill!
The joy that it will cause aggro in the Greenwood-Martial-Saint Marcus of Wythenshawe camps is even better.
Even funnier Skys Sarveh Bollockol making out UTD are some kind of financially careful circumspect fastidious purchaser whilst reeling off a list of players they've hugely overpaid for. Oh and they're definitely not paying top dollar for JS!

Stand by for Never Wanted him anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.