Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
....unfortunately today's youth want and get and feel entitled to anything they want!
My brother interviewed some lad a while ago, straight out of uni and was told "i won't get out of bed for less than £30k a year"
.....he looked gobsmacked when told "You can walk back out that door for fuck all"

I've had a few with this kind of attitude at annual reviews.

Emp: "I've got a degree in such and such, I should be earning £xxx."
Me: The degree got you through the door, it's what you do now you're through that door that gets you a decent payrise.

OR

Emp: "My cousin earns £xxx at ........."
Me: Well go and work for them if that's how you feel.

I'm all for kids having a sense of what they are worth, it's just when they can't back it up that I become all Victor Meldrew with them.

Me: The degree got you through the door, it's what you do now you're through that door that gets you a decent payrise.

OR

I'm all for kids having a sense of what they are worth, it's just when they can't back it up that I become all Victor Meldrew with them.
No problem with what these players get, but someone like Sancho is getting it very early in their careers. Human nature dictates you lose some motivation when you already have all the wealth and toys by the time they are in their early 20s.

No way United let this slip into next summer. They'll cough up whatever he and Dortmund want.

Pains me to say it but he's a mega signing.

No way United let this slip into next summer. They'll cough up whatever he and Dortmund want.

Pains me to say it but he's a mega signing.
Great footballer and a massive upgrade, but looks like Mr Sancho will bring a lot of baggage to that dressing room and I am not talking about his Louis Vuitton stuff.
I hope that little Fella Ole can handle all those egos and dance moves, TicToc will be getting hammered!

In La Defence of those figures I would want a hell of a lot more to live in Paris....

To each their own. I came here nearly a quarter of a century ago after having lived in Benchill, Moss Side, Crumpsall & Urmston and I must admit that, despite myself, I find the prospect of smoking a joint on my balcony each evening whilst staring at the Eiffel Tower & Sacre Cœur a lot more inviting than Yates's Wine Lodge ever was. Lol.

Still, I'm fiercely Mancunian, and my only wish for this year (please, please) is to see us larrup PSG in the CL final.

:)

To each their own. I came here nearly a quarter of a century ago after having lived in Benchill, Moss Side, Crumpsall & Urmston and I must admit that, despite myself, I find the prospect of smoking a joint on my balcony each evening whilst staring at the Eiffel Tower & Sacre Cœur a lot more inviting than Yates's Wine Lodge ever was. Lol.

Still, I'm fiercely Mancunian, and my only wish for this year (please, please) is to see us larrup PSG in the CL final.

:)

Spend a lot of time there (until this year) and getting off the train at St Pancras was always a relief lol

Spend a lot of time there (until this year) and getting off the train at St Pancras was always a relief lol

Now LONDON isa place where I could never live. I start to want to kill everyone after more than 48 hours.

Anyway, wtf is this thread supposed to be about again.....? Lol.

OR

Depends very much on whether they Can back it up, and, yes very much on what they can get elsewhere. Assuming you want to keep them, and whether they are getting fair value to begin with.
Not disagreeing, just expanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.