Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He missed a flight, got one the next day and didn't miss any training. Its not comparable to what Foden did.

By the way the point I'm making here is not that Sancho is perfect and Fodens a disaster, its that people are pretending tiny infractions from Sancho are a reason not to sign him, but no one has claimed we should worry about Foden or hes got a bad character when he did something much much worse, a much bigger breach of professionalism.

Ultimately Sancho left City and despite it clearly being the right decision for his career, people on here are now desperate to attack him over anything.

Agree with this, i find the hatred of Sancho strange on here. Yeah, he left us to join Dortmund, but at the time he did make the right choice. City wanted to sign Sanchez that summer and he knew he would have had to wait possibly another few seasons to get his chance. At the end of the day, the club knew just how good of a player he was by watching him at academy level. They knew they had a gem in their ranks, but still persisted on bringing in Sanchez. Maybe if the club had put a bit more faith in youth, Sancho wouldn't have left. If anything, its not Sancho's fault for leaving (due to bad attitude etc), its the clubs fault for not having faith in these young players to one day make the step up and deliver. After all, we had Sane, Sterling and Bernardo Silva at the time fighting for the wide spots. Did we really need to bring in another winger when we had a superstar in the making coming through?

Sancho backed his own ability to join a team in a different country/league and make their first team within a season. If people took their City tinted specs off for just 2 seconds, they would realise that what he did should be respected.

Last edited:
be Interesting how Sancho does this season another very good season and Madrid PSG and Barcelona be after him he only end up at the scum of those other clubs are not interested.

Not yet. But soon enough. I rate him very highly tbh.

He does look good from what I've seen but I still don't think we need to strengthen in his position right now so, for me, the fact remains that buying him now would be a huge outlay for someone who won't really improve our starting 11 now. When we do need to improve that position another name will have probably emerged by then.

We have a couple of other positions where we desperately need to improve so I'd much rather we focus on those for now.

Agree with this, i find the hatred of Sancho strange on here. Yeah, he left us to join Dortmund, but at the time he did make the right choice. City wanted to sign Sanchez that summer and he knew he would have had to wait possibly another few seasons to get his chance. At the end of the day, the club knew just how good of a player he was by watching him at academy level. They knew they had a gem in their ranks, but still persisted on bringing in Sanchez. Maybe if the club had put a bit more faith in youth, Sancho wouldn't have left. If anything, its not Sancho's fault for leaving (due to bad attitude etc), its the clubs fault for not having faith in these young players to one day make the step up and deliver. After all, we had Sane, Sterling and Bernardo Silva at the time fighting for the wide spots. Did we really need to bring in another winger when we had a superstar in the making coming through?

Sancho backed his own ability to join a team in a different country/league and make their first team within a season. If people took their City tinted specs off for just 2 seconds, they would realise that what he did should be respected.

It has been the case with youth players at City. Manager clearly doesn't want to use them and fans also back it up by saying HE IS NOT READY and then blame mgmt for selling.You see what is happening now. Fans want every new shining toy in matket. People want a new young winger a new CB but not want someone like THB or Break or Cole Palmer a chance. If they don't perform as per expectations we sell. Sancho was given big contract and wanted minutes. Fair enough him not showing up for training reporting home sick and ending up at BBB may not have gone down well. But he has done for himself very good

I get the impression you don't like the kid. Fair enough but I'm a big admirer of his football ability.
Very talented player with lots of potential.

Too expensive, not currently required by City & question marks re attitude.

Might become world class for rags or similar. Might not though.

I think he was right to leave.

Don't think there is any guarantee he's get in our team, & we need other players & he's not worth 100 mil.

Does anyone else think he's worth it ?

Of course he is worth it.

Dortmund star Nuri Sahin says he would ‘buy a ticket’ to watch Jadon Sancho play

Neymar : "Borussia have players that can make the difference. Jadon is a player that I really like to watch play and he is a great player with plenty of quality.

In addition to his Goals + Assists outstanding record
Being English/HG
Young player that can serve the club for +10 years and has a resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.