James Horsfield

no offence to the lad, but he's isn't going to play or get chance. getting worried about the development of roberts and nacho. they aren't playing at all

What was the fucking point of that??
It's good to see that folks are right & Pellegrini really has got his finger on the pulse re our young players. Those of us who questioned him are clearly just unworthy, as he can see things in players we can't.

As this proves.

Or perhaps 'the club' forced him to do this, like they do ?

On a serious note, does this mean Maffeo is already off to NYC ? Surely even that daft old **** wouldn't pick Horsfield ahead of Maffeo for any position on any planet ?

That had to be one of the strangest selections in our rather colourful recent history. He is behind Maffeo in the pecking order, and Maffeo never gets picked.

This one will remain a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

I just can't figure out the workings of Pellegrini's brain.

That had to be one of the strangest selections in our rather colourful recent history. He is behind Maffeo in the pecking order, and Maffeo never gets picked.

This one will remain a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

I just can't figure out the workings of Pellegrini's brain.

I think some of the Spanish lads actually went home tbf for christmas as the EDS etc have no games so I think Maffeo simply wasnt around. He posted a picture two days ago on instagram of him playing basketball in vastly sunnier climates than Manchester anyway!

I think some of the Spanish lads actually went home tbf for christmas as the EDS etc have no games so I think Maffeo simply wasnt around. He posted a picture two days ago on instagram of him playing basketball in vastly sunnier climates than Manchester anyway!
Thanks TS. I thought there must have been some logic behind it. Anyway good luck to Horsfield. I recall him playing quite well when he came on when the team were in Australia in the off season. I didn't want to knock him, it's just my general frustration surfacing in relation to Pellers attitude towards youth. In passing I have noticed that Tottenham have successfully promoted some young players into the first team, so it can be done.

Did he take all the other lads with him ?

Ha makes you wonder doesn't it? Tosin, Humphreys, Glendon, Celina, barker would likely be about and I'd have them in the squad ahead of him personally.

I do second guess the set up in this circumstance. If there was even the slightest of chances of making your first team debut you'd hang around in England if you were Maffeo wouldn't you? He clearly would.

Yet he didn't. Which makes me ponder a few things. Namely that either the club told him he wouldn't be needed and he most likely agreed, presuming that he'd have no chance of being involved even if he was on the bench. So you wonder if you've got a young lad thinking I could sit on the bench but I just know I won't get on....so I may as well go home.

That in itself is depressing. I may be getting ahead of myself, but if your best young defensive prospect thinks it's better off heading home to Spain for a bit then something clearly isn't right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.