James Maddison or Jack Grealish? Who is the better young English talent?

Big mistake if we go for him,scott sinclair,jack rodwell,etc,just because the media big up a average at best player does not mean we should even glance in his direction,delph for 8m was worth a punt
But those players you are comparing are nothing like him, at least give footballing reasons why you don’t want him.

From what I’ve seen,
Decent finisher
Very good dribbling and ball control
Decent pace
Decent link up play

I don’t think he has any weaknesses, and he is carrying a premier league team.
Nobody knows him personally so people mocking his hair or whatever are idiots imo. Give actual reasons.

But those players you are comparing are nothing like him, at least give footballing reasons why you don’t want him.

From what I’ve seen,
Decent finisher
Decent pace
Decent link up play

Nobody knows him personally so people mocking his hair or whatever are idiots imo. Give actual reasons.

He’s got a decent engine on him too. He puts a decent shift in chasing (largely) hopeless causes at Villa.

Think Grealish is the more naturally gifted footballer and it shows. He does a lot more in games than Maddison.
Agree with this. Grealish week in week out is the main man for Villa. Personally I don't see the big hype over James Maddison, Shows glimpses of quality now and again but he tends to go missing an awful lot in games. Grealish is a much better natural footballer than Maddison.

For City or Liverpool? Honestly don’t think he’s got the engine for Klopp.
Both,he's got the long and short range passing dead ball capability and can also finish plus I reckon his temperament would be better.

From what I’ve seen,
Decent finisher
Decent pace
Decent link up play

He is average at all of it,he is not good enough for us and he wouldn't pass the ****s test,that is just as important as his skills
From your list he sounds like sinclair to me

He is average at all of it,he is not good enough for us and he wouldn't pass the ****s test,that is just as important as his skills
From your list he sounds like sinclair to me
The stats show he is above average though. I don't know what the ***s test is because bluemoon blanked it out.

If your only argument against him is the "eye test" of he's not good enough, then it just doesn't work for me. I know many on bluemoon think this defense is really strong but by itself it really means nothing to me, especially when the people who argue against him dislike him for superficial things like how his face or hair looks, which makes there point irrelevent.

You are oddly obsessed with Sinclair, why do you bring him up all the time? I don't care that Grealish is english, his talent is obvious to me from my own "eye test" and since the stats seem to back that up (like chances created, dribbling % etc), I tend to think there is something there based on that.

There is this weird english bias around him I don't understand.

The stats show he is above average though. I don't know what the ***s test is because bluemoon blanked it out.

If your only argument against him is the "eye test" of he's not good enough, then it just doesn't work for me. I know many on bluemoon think this defense is really strong but by itself it really means nothing to me, especially when the people who argue against him dislike him for superficial things like how his face or hair looks, which makes there point irrelevent.

You are oddly obsessed with Sinclair, why do you bring him up all the time? I don't care that Grealish is english, his talent is obvious to me from my own "eye test" and since the stats seem to back that up (like chances created, dribbling % etc), I tend to think there is something there based on that.

There is this weird english bias around him I don't understand.
Sinclair had good stats but the step up was too big for him
We watch with our eyes because you can have. all a players stats on paper but it,s how they fit into the team during games,the interaction and trust during a game you can only see with your eyes,it"a team effort and working together is what it's all about

We place as much on their personality as their football,txiki and pep want humble,nice players so there is no friction,i call it the ****s test,call it the twat test,this kid doesn't look like he would pass it

English players are very expensive,you have to be sure about them or you end up cwith average players who don't really match up to the others on high wages
He would cost about 50m based on how muh we have had to pay for the others,he is a 25m player,the deal wouldn't make sense to me

Sinclair had good stats but the step up was too big for him
We watch with our eyes because you can have. all a players stats on paper but it,s how they fit into the team during games,the interaction and trust during a game you can only see with your eyes,it"a team effort and working together is what it's all about

We place as much on their personality as their football,txiki and pep want humble,nice players so there is no friction,i call it the ****s test,call it the twat test,this kid doesn't look like he would pass it

English players are very expensive,you have to be sure about them or you end up cwith average players who don't really match up to the others on high wages
He would cost about 50m based on how muh we have had to pay for the others,he is a 25m player,the deal wouldn't make sense to me
You cant use Sinclair as an excuse for everything. For every player who doesn't make the step up there is another player who does, so again, the Sinclair comparison is pointless. Not to mention sinclair was doing well in Scotland and Grealish is doing well already in the premier league.

What are you watching from his game that your "eye test" tells you he wont fit in the team? Again I ask for specifics because your just saying statements with nothing to back it up. That's fine and all but from my point of view your not adding anything to the discussion. I dont get any "Oh I see what Karen is saying here" because you literally add nothing to think about.

We dont know his personality, people get skewed on media and mock players on social media way too much, we dont know them.

I do know english players are expensive, but if Villa get relegated then he might have a little cut price. Mind you if he continues to impress for the rest of the season, then 50m for Grealish? Bang on I'd take that any day.

His talent is so clear and obvious that I dont even understand why I'm defending it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.