James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

And McAtee could challenge Gundogan in 12 months,maybe less.

He is a very versatile talent,i think he could force his way in to several positions.
This may be Gundogan last year and Bernado is still probably leaving. So yeah, good we have these lads coming through

Mcatee will be a no 10 as he gets older. Maybe a box-to-box like Bernado is slowly becoming. Foden can play anywhere in the front 5. Grealish will play mainly on the wing.

This just flashed up on my phone

Manchester City have rejected an £8 million bid from Brighton for teenage prodigy James McAtee.

Crystal Palace and West Ham have also been keeping tabs on the 18-year-old midfielder, who made his senior debut in the Carabao Cup win over Wycombe last month.

I would give him a run out against West Ham in the cup, need to get him and Cole Palmer involved as much as possible. Especially with the vultures now circling.

Got to get a contract sorted for him though, current one expires 2023.

Would be a good loan move for him imo, but no way we're selling at any price, I hope.

Hopefully the club can convince him to sign a new contract soon, as we don't have much leverage come next summer with him entering his final year.

We need to be showing him a direct pathway to the first team a la Foden, otherwise he's naturally going to have his head turned by solid PL outfits offering him guaranteed first team football.

I don't think the odd cup game is ultimately going to swing it when you have upper table clubs bidding £8m for you before you've made a senior league appearance.

Hopefully the club can convince him to sign a new contract soon, as we don't have much leverage come next summer with him entering his final year.

We need to be showing him a direct pathway to the first team a la Foden, otherwise he's naturally going to have his head turned by solid PL outfits offering him guaranteed first team football.

I don't think the odd cup game is ultimately going to swing it when you have upper table clubs bidding £8m for you before you've made a senior league appearance.
I agree with this. Maybe the club hierarchy needs to make a statement along the lines that they believe in the academy, pathways are important and that one first team sub spot will always be reserved for an EDS player and that it is policy to give that player minutes if a game is put to bed - i.e. we are 3 up.
If that pricks the egos of senior players who are on the fringes that's fine with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.