James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Not sure if anyone has seen this but found it exciting. Very excited if the first team involvement holds true because I think he could make it here. The wide role tidbit interesting. I thought he was predominately a central player, but then again so was Phil.

This doesn't make sense on 2 levels.

James is not a winger in anyway, has never played there (unlike Phil), and is too slow for it, and isn't a direct dribbler.

On another, there is absolutely no way Sam knows that Guardiola is thinking of playing him in a wide role.

Expect more nonsense reporting like this in the summer.

Not sure if anyone has seen this but found it exciting. Very excited if the first team involvement holds true because I think he could make it here. The wide role tidbit interesting. I thought he was predominately a central player, but then again so was Phil.

Interesting. I love mcatee but never saw him as a wide player. Foden I kind of did a bit More.

Depends when and where, technically good enough to play it. Just depends on how effective and quick he picks it up. Clever lad, sure he’ll be fine and allowed to drift anyway.

Foden is best on the right of a 3 IMO.

McAtee is very different stylistically and physically,more a David Silva type.He is not remotely a wide player.

Sam Lee knows fuck all.

Silva played RW for Spain in their WC year so could see it working tho.
Biggest difference between him and Foden is that McAtee already has more tempo control so it'll be interesting to see his involvement next year in the team wether it's on the sides or central

On another, there is absolutely no way Sam knows that Guardiola is thinking of playing him in a wide role.

Expect more nonsense reporting like this in the summer.
Pep clearly doesn't trust him in a midfield role yet and with a loan looking unlikely, this is some simple math by Lee.

Pep clearly doesn't trust him in a midfield role yet and with a loan looking unlikely, this is some simple math by Lee.
It's such an important position. He doesn't even trust Foden there, let alone McAtee. We have clearly the best midfield in the world between KDB/Silva/Gundogan, so for a younger like McAtee it's almost impossible to step into the role.

A loan is the only option for now as he needs plenty of game time to bridge that class gap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.