James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Im hoping Forest are in the mix.
I think that is a bit ambitious. Forest are likely to be scrapping at the bottom end of the table so giving minutes to a loan youngster is unlikely to happen.

If he does go on loan I think a decent League One team might be the best option in terms of him getting minutes.

I think that is a bit ambitious. Forest are likely to be scrapping at the bottom end of the table so giving minutes to a loan youngster is unlikely to happen.

If he does go on loan I think a decent League One team might be the best option in terms of him getting minutes.
League one,more like premier league or teams challenging at the top of the championship..

Foden could be worked into the front 3, McAtee is a CM the minutes/space & trust just isnt there as it stands. If a loan offer is good enough, and it'll need to tick alot of boxes, no problem with him being given another season to play/develop before hes thrown in the mix for an 8/10.
For me hes at a very similar stage as to when Foden came through ( Fosken was probably known more outside of the club ) we the fans were frustrated that he was lacking minutes , some and the media were saying he was going to be ruined if he wasn't sent on loan to play ... all worker out very well

For me hes at a very similar stage as to when Foden came through ( Fosken was probably known more outside of the club ) we the fans were frustrated that he was lacking minutes , some and the media were saying he was going to be ruined if he wasn't sent on loan to play ... all worker out very well
Comes down to physical development as well, Foden was alot smaller than McAtee when he broke through and a couple of years younger. Foden was rightly protected, dont think McAtee will need as much on that side of the game. (or Delap at all the brute)

Comes down to physical development as well, Foden was alot smaller than McAtee when he broke through and a couple of years younger. Foden was rightly protected, dont think McAtee will need as much on that side of the game. (or Delap at all the brute)
Quite possibly so , however the way pep handled Foden for me was perfect dispite disapproval by many and I have confidence In him to use Mcatee when he and the team are ready , muxh the same as he did with Cole Palmer ... games.soon come

League one,more like premier league or teams challenging at the top of the championship..
I am not saying he does not have the talent to play at that level but I simply cannot see a Premier League or top Championship team giving him a starting position given his current lack of experience. It would be a very bold move for such a team to give one of their own 19 year old players a starting berth let alone a loan player.
The best that could be expected would be that he would be an impact sub and hopefully he could do enough given those opportunities to make a case for a starting berth.
If he went to a League One team then he would have a better chance of starting games which is key to his development. If he could start say 20 games at that level that would be a great season and maybe set him up for a Championship loan the next campaign.
The key would be trying to find a team that would suit his strengths - Cheltenham would be a good shout as they play decent football and would likely play him as their aspiration will be to finish mid-table.
The worst thing would be a loan similar to Morgan Rogers to Bournemouth last season where he was not trusted and could not build on the good work he did at Lincoln the previous year.

Eh people are making a mistake in how we would use him.

Those saying Foden had it easier because he was playing in the front 3 must not have seen McAtee just play against Club America.

Pep wouldn't use him the midfield 2 (rodri, Philips, Bernie, gundogan), he would play him in the 10 spot for which pretty much KdB is the main man who presses with the striker. It's just another attacking position, like the other forward spots.

I could easily see cup games where alvarez is the striker and McAtee plays as the 10 behind him. But in the main games haaland is the striker with kdb as the 10 and alvarez could easily sub either of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.