James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Needed to go to Brighton or Wolves. Made a mistake not doing it.
Brighton would have been a good shout.
Doubt he wasn't going to Wolves as their preference was for Tommy Doyle.
Realistically there are very few premier league teams that can take our younger players. They are not good enough for teams at the top and not sure if teams expected to be at the bottom can improve the players.
McAtee and Kabore are with poor teams and are probably no better now than they were this time last year.

If I was in charge I would try to loan him to stuttgart.

could see him flourish there. I think he has the capability to play regularily and would get some cl experience.

If I was in charge I would try to loan him to stuttgart.

could see him flourish there. I think he has the capability to play regularily and would get some cl experience.
Definitely something to consider.

City might need to dig in a bit more with the very promising group.

Reason I say that is the player and his agent can't really loose except trophy maybe by leaving picking up a nice lump sum and better contract, the buying club might double their money overnight

City benefit from the fee but should they hold on a year or two and see if he looks like a worldy after his loan or his value might plummet so there is a risk as well

That's the dilemma but personally yes a good bundesliga club for the best ones sounds good.

As a fan it's great to see the nurtured lad rather than the off the shelf replacement.

If we did a role reversal and Palmer was at Sheffield United on loan and McAtee was at Chelsea, would McAtee be at international level and Palmer a bit part player with a team in the relegation zone.
It is evident that the loan of young players is a critical part of their development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.