James Milner - Why Buy Him?

PaleBlue

In the pocket, of a jacket, on a train in town
Team supported
Man City
Milner when he played through the middle for Villa was (for one season) outstanding. We paid a shed load of money for him (being English etc) and I was looking forward to him continuing that at City. He's been nailed on for England ever since but can't even make the bench today. He's the most versatile player we have, can spring defence into attack, can smash one in and move out wide and deliver a great cross. He's able to tackle and cover either full back - why is Rodwell and Garcia getting in ahead of him. He's too good to be left on the sidelines and I'd be gutted if he left as I think he'd be integral in a team like Liverpool or even the rags.

feel so sorry for him. Were getting ripped apart at LB and RB -with milners defensive cover and work rate he could really improve us. The lad must be thinking what hes done wrong.

every time hes in the team hes excellent, but then gets dropped same with dzeko.

I really feel for milner, should get a lot more game time. IMO better than Rodwell in the middle and more effective at crossing than Sinclair on the wing. Last comment may be slightly harsh on Sinclair as we haven't seen him that much but Jimmy has got a top cross.

He's quality but Mancini clearly doesn't rate him so that's why he doesn't play. Wouldn't begrudge the guy if he moves in January he deserves to be playing first team football.

I agree, definitely a player that gives his all for us and unlucky not to be playing. I have been wondering, he wasn't in the squad for Madrid and not for today. More importantly I don't remember seeing him in the video of the training session on the OS this week. Might have got that wrong but I didn't see him.

PaleBlue said:
Milner when he played through the middle for Villa was (for one season) outstanding. We paid a shed load of money for him (being English etc) and I was looking forward to him continuing that at City. He's been nailed on for England ever since but can't even make the bench today. He's the most versatile player we have, can spring defence into attack, can smash one in and move out wide and deliver a great cross. He's able to tackle and cover either full back - why is Rodwell and Garcia getting in ahead of him. He's too good to be left on the sidelines and I'd be gutted if he left as I think he'd be integral in a team like Liverpool or even the rags.

He is a good player no doubt about that, I'd like to see him operate as a floating right sided midfielder like he did to a certain extent in the 6-1 at OT, whilst he has looked excellent at RWB, only problem with that is that he has to stay out wide all the time or 3-5-2 or variant of it wont work, besides all the snags of playing that system.

James Milner was a board signing and a very bad one at that. The board wasted 25 million on him and Mancini was probably rightfully pissed. He would not even get into any top 7 midfield in the premiership. As a winger can do a job, but not great either. Vastly overrated here. Mancini is right not to want to use him in my opinion. Will be sold and probably struggle to make Europe for the team he plays for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.