James Ward-Prowse

BigOscar

With the clamour for young english players, anyone else think Ward-Prowse has gone under the radar a bit? Luke Shaw has been getting the lions share of the praise at Southampton, but JWP (fantastic initials btw) looks an absolutely fantastic prospect and we should be making a real push for him. He has so much quality for someone his age, he'd be perfect for our style of play and his set piece delivery is far better than anyone we have already.

Buying of Southampton might be tough under their new owners, but I think we should really be in for this kid, I can't think of a better young english prospect at the moment

why would he come here to sit on the bench. Hes getting first team football atm and thats what he needs. Tbh I dont think city would be the best place for him

He looks the most promising player at southampton for me, only 18 aswell ??

been realy impressed with this lad recently. If he keeps his performances up would have a chance making the world cup squad.

we should be keeping tabs on him and shaw over he next couple seasons

Absolutely brilliant technique, can cross the ball with pin point accuracy. Why would we buy him though, we wouldn't play him.

FantasyIreland said:
supercity88 said:
Absolutely brilliant technique, can cross the ball with pin point accuracy. Why would we buy him though, we wouldn't play him.

Can he take a corner?

Yes. But he doesn't track back and can't handle a wet Wednesday in Stoke. Oh and he calls it a 'muffin'.

Seriously tho this lad looks good, i don't usually buy into the media wankfest over English players (see Walcott, Rooney, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lennon) to name a few that have been spoken highly of but haven't really achieved for England what was anticipated.

JWP has gone under the radar but im guessing that is because this season has been his first 'full season' in the first team where as Shaw was in the team last season as well.

Coming to us now wouldn't be a great move for him. But we should certainly look at jumping in if he carries on this form for the next two seasons. It would be nice to see at least one or two young English players go on to make a really big name for themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.