James

Pezzer2

Anyone go the gig at the Arena last night. I've seen them twice before and were amazing. Last night was a little disappointing in my opinion in regards to the order of there set list too many new songs after one another and seemed to lose the crowd for a while. Still great performers though

I didn't go, but was in a take away late last night and some hammered 50 year old woman started screaming at me "I've been to a fucking concert! I've seen James. You haven't been to a fucking concert have you. I've been to a concert" over and over. Then she bit someone

Yeh I was there and although I thought it was a brilliant gig and they are probably the best live band out there I do know what you mean. Not necessarily playing too much of the new stuff as there are some great tracks on the new album but yes the order could have been better. Come Home, Ring the bells and then Sometimes are probably my favourite 3 songs and to play them quite early on straight after each other and then go into a more obscure song from a previous album was a bit strange. Having said that I'd still go to see them again tonight if I could!

hello.gif

I was there. I hate the venue but I thought they were really good. I always go out of a James gig thinking I've had value for money. The really engage the crowd. The sing along to Sit Down was great.

Not as good as at Liverpool on Le Petit Mort tour. But good all the same. I thought the come home/ring the bells/sometimes bit early on was good.

I've got the album and I actually think the songs sounded better live.

A good 8/10 for me last night.

I was there too - my 9th gig.
Last 2 times I saw them was in intimate venues in New York and Boston so was dreading the MEN Arena but James took over the venue and made it intimate. Tim Booth going round into the crowd was amazing especially on Sit Down which the crowd carried on singing music free at the end.
Sometimes is my fave song and brilliant. What For I hadn't heard in years.
If anyone says there were too many new ones then I suggest its because you havent got the new album and went there simply for the hits.
cracking night out and just short of 2 and quarter hours. Top gig.

I was there too - my 9th gig.
Last 2 times I saw them was in intimate venues in New York and Boston so was dreading the MEN Arena but James took over the venue and made it intimate. Tim Booth going round into the crowd was amazing especially on Sit Down which the crowd carried on singing music free at the end.
Sometimes is my fave song and brilliant. What For I hadn't heard in years.
If anyone says there were too many new ones then I suggest its because you havent got the new album and went there simply for the hits.
cracking night out and just short of 2 and quarter hours. Top gig.
First time I sore them was supporting the Smiths at the palace probably the best support act I've seen.

I was there last night. I was the drunken obnoxious twat.

I estimate that I've seen James over 30 times. For me, they are THE live band.

I have seen them god knows how many times mate and the only time I have come away a bit disappointed was last year at Delamere Forest, but I blame that on the shit sound and venue.

Saw them do the new album last month or so ago at The Academy 2 in town and they were still fantastic. No one knew any of the new tunes as it was the 1st time they had been heard or played. Not many bands can hold the crowd in the palm of their hands like that. Had to resist going last night as it is Glasto next month, but it was hard staying away. Seen them at the Arena a few times and there is only them and Depeche Mode who have got the better of the soulless big lump of drab concrete.

I have seen them god knows how many times mate and the only time I have come away a bit disappointed was last year at Delamere Forest, but I blame that on the shit sound and venue.

Saw them do the new album last month or so ago at The Academy 2 in town and they were still fantastic. No one knew any of the new tunes as it was the 1st time they had been heard or played. Not many bands can hold the crowd in the palm of their hands like that. Had to resist going last night as it is Glasto next month, but it was hard staying away. Seen them at the Arena a few times and there is only them and Depeche Mode who have got the better of the soulless big lump of drab concrete.
And Morrissey's comeback in 2004

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.