January 2009 – Too much weight of expectation?

Bondi Blue

Just a quick thought….

Does anyone think that the upcoming transfer window has been over-hyped (understatement) and that it may have actually been a major reason for our poor performances?

You may think I am crazy and clutching at straws but hear me out:

Ever since the Summer window closed, people have been talking about January. I mean, as the final details on Robinho’s contract were being finalised in the early hours of 1st September there were already threads on here about who we will get in January. Ever since it has been ‘January this’ and ‘January that’.

Is there a possibility that we (collectively) as a club and fans took our eye of the ball and concentrated too much on the future and not the present?

I would be interested to know your take on this.

Quite possibly, but i still think it has more do do with the fact that we really miss a few important players, when they go missing we look shite.

This has been down to a mixture of inexperience, injuries and tiredness IMO.

You make a couple of interesting points here,.

MH took the job before the takeover and we had some ace games early season.

The millons are announced and suddenly every one is talking Galacticos jan window...MH subsequently has the idea that somehow the jan window will cure all problems.

noose-lg-716525.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.