January 2019 window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How likely is it that the FA proposal to have max 12 foreign players in a squad, following Brexit, will be implemented?

Even if approved you would think it may take min. 2-3 years to bring in, so clubs could fulfill existing contractual commitments.

It should start effecting player recruitment if it's on the cards.
Could see that severely reducing the TV revenues as the bidders would probably consider that the product is of poorer quality- as the premier league has just appointed a tv expert to replace scudamore I would be shocked if it became a reality

Could see that severely reducing the TV revenues as the bidders would probably consider that the product is of poorer quality- as the premier league has just appointed a tv expert to replace scudamore I would be shocked if it became a reality
Maybe it's just the English FA using the whole Brexit thing as an excuse to re-think the home grown quota to help the national side? I agree PL sides wouldn't be as competitive in European competitions in the short term. It would effect the top 6 sides more than the other PL teams.

I believe that the only midfielder that can arrive in January is Ndombele, both De Jong and Neves I do not think they will be sold in winter and in case they sell them they will ask for over 80 million pounds. He would also begin to see a replacement for Mendy, he is 24 years old and has already had surgeries on both knees and his performance has not been optimal, surely having a higher level player with whom to fight his position to him will do very well .

I believe that the only midfielder that can arrive in January is Ndombele, both De Jong and Neves I do not think they will be sold in winter and in case they sell them they will ask for over 80 million pounds. He would also begin to see a replacement for Mendy, he is 24 years old and has already had surgeries on both knees and his performance has not been optimal, surely having a higher level player with whom to fight his position to him will do very well .
Cant see why they would sell tbf.

With Mendy's latest injury, I think we could potentially sign a left back. Delph can't be relied on to stay fit and Zinchenko is not going to be our long term left back. We obviously managed last season but I don't think it's sustainable.

The only factors that might see us wait until the summer are that Mendy will probably be back for the knockouts in the Champions League or that Pep's number one choice is not available.

With Mendy's latest injury, I think we could potentially sign a left back. Delph can't be relied on to stay fit and Zinchenko is not going to be our long term left back. We obviously managed last season but I don't think it's sustainable.

The only factors that might see us wait until the summer are that Mendy will probably be back for the knockouts in the Champions League or that Pep's number one choice is not available.
A lot I disagree with:

"Delph can't be relied on to stay fit"- except for how he did for most of last sessse

"Zinchenko is not going to be our long term left back" - Why? Has he been average? Bad? Terrible? No, No, and No. So why would you conclude he can't be something he has yet to fail at?

"We obviously managed last season". - Nah brah, we did not manage. We thrived. To the time of more points than antoua has ever scored. No matter who you get, they can only hope to match that.

We are unlikely to buy a new left back. Unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.