January could make things worse

allyboy

2 or 3 big name signings in Jan could I believe make things worse.
There is obvious unrest in the team and a clear split with Robinho, Brazilians, Hughes, young and old etc.. etc..
I'm not a MH fan and believe he is failing miserably to bring big stars in and have them mix with the likes of Richards, Dunne etc..
We could end up with half the team not talking to the other half (robinho, kaka, villa etc..).
Really think that that could tear us apart rather then produce results.
A mate and fellow supporter thinks the Robinho signing was the worst thing that could have happened to us and was just total fantasy to think we could intergrate a superstar into our plans so early. I think he has a point.

Just a hint of moving forward would be nice, I'm not asking for top 6, cups yet, but just some good feeling to come out of City and all this change.

Its the managers job to bring this all together, Brazilians, young players old players etc. etc..

I was so excited about January and now I'm just focussed on a shitty dog fight with the likes of West Brom and Stoke.

People harp on about Sven's laid back approach, well thats the way he manages and more often than not it works at big clubs he's been at.

I was hoping for big name signings but I now beleive MH couldn't handle anymore and just needs average premiership grafters to get us out of the shit.

Apart from the Uefa cup , Its all about survival and looking to next season now.
Such a shame, and I hope and pray we can do something with this new found wealth.
CTID.

I don't think it will happen in January, but I'd rather we bring as many top players as we possibly can. It will be a different changing room and training atmosphere and some people may not like it so much.

Thats too bad.

Yeah Moomba, he needs wholesale changes but for me not the star signings.

Diarra, Upson, and the likes will be the way forward now.
Kaka's and messi's are just running before we can walk.

its now really dawned on me on just how long this (success, trophies etc) is going to take.

Fookin 5 years at least!!

Bluemoon, my 2 big concerns about the second half of the season is

The fixture list and settling new players in.

I know 2-3 good results will shoot us up the table, but those results aren't coming, its easy to say we will climb, fact is we aren't we are going backwards.

and the 3rd huge concern is our lack of fight.

Twitcher, Fat sam, megson, Pullis and now it would seem Sunderland all seem to be fighting and pulling together.

allyboy said:
Yeah Moomba, he needs wholesale changes but for me not the star signings.

Diarra, Upson, and the likes will be the way forward now.
Kaka's and messi's are just running before we can walk.

Wasn't really talking about the Kaka's or Messi's, what I would like to see is players in their that can offer more than running hard, or putting effort in. Players that have been in winning teams and know what it takes to contribute toward a successful team. They may not be the marquee names but I want us to look to players that are capable of being that in the future.

Then the rest of the squad can decide whether they want to be a part of that or not.

its now really dawned on me on just how long this (success, trophies etc) is going to take.

Fookin 5 years at least!!

I think we should be looking at cups in the first 4-5 years, and building the side that will challenge for the league. I don't think we can be particularly patient though, we have a window now where it seems we're holding all the cards while other clubs in the world are struggling financially. We need to take advantage of that window.

Guys, thats why i think this first batch of signings is crucial.
Could go one way or the other.
Don't want to see a Rodney Marsh episode where big star names just rock the ship (even further!!).

Mh has to replace virtually everyone except Hart, Zab, Kompany, Ireland and SWP for me.

I would also be thinking of life after Robinho. I know it would be a tragedy but look where we are now with him. People reckon he's lazy, opinionated and gets preferential treatment because of his 'status".
I now believe we could really learn from his signing and build from the bottom.

I got carried away this season with complete delusions of grandure and are coming down to earth with a great bump.

Upson, RSC, Barry, Cuddicini, Bullard etc.. maight be the way forward

Buffon, Villa, Kaka might fuck any kind of balance or team cohesion and be complete fuck-ups/disasters.

allyboy said:
I got carried away this season with complete delusions of grandure and are coming down to earth with a great bump.

Upson, RSC, Barry, Cuddicini, Bullard etc.. maight be the way forward

Buffon, Villa, Kaka might fuck any kind of balance or team cohesion and be complete fuck-ups/disasters.

I don't necessarily disagree given our current form and position but the thought of Upson, RSC (maybe not Barry) is somewhat depressing. Also looking at players like Buffon and Kaka I do not see why they should ruin team balance. Buffon is very loyal to Juventus and stayed with them after they were relegated so sounds like a team man to me. Same with Kaka, No CL football but happy to stay with AC Milan where no doubt he is made to feel wanted etc so why cannot we create the same atmosphere and experience for the elite players?

As for Robinho I actually think he has settled pretty well and has chipped in with 8 goals even though he is not up to speed with the PL. I would hate for this whole Hughes saga to sour what could and should be a rewarding and hopefully successful period for City and the fans.

Managers > Players.

Get the players off their fucking arse, need a kick up the hole.

Would sooner see Hughes stay than people who are making the problems, no one is bigger than the club and we need a hard manager who won't take shite from anyone. Hughes is that manager.

How are we expecting to play in Europe in the future under a manager with Svens approach where they could barely play 90 minutes without dying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.