January defenders

I am a little shocked we have not had a defender lined up & in the team already,
even if a short term fix.

not only would it stabilise defence but more importantly it puts fern back in the middle. That’s the biggest problem. Fern should be in the middle end of.

no way we are winning champs league with this defence just look at who we have struggled against this season.
Looks like Madrid are gonna do us because even with Laporte getting back to fitness I think pep will will keep him next to ferdy . Pep is great but he is so pig headed with his way that it will cost us against Madrid and maybe Utd aswell

Looks like Madrid are gonna do us because even with Laporte getting back to fitness I think pep will will keep him next to ferdy . Pep is great but he is so pig headed with his way that it will cost us against Madrid and maybe Utd aswell
Well you are full of confidence.

Well you are full of confidence.
Our defense is a sieve... anyone confident that we stand a chance vs a top level world football club (Crystal Palace btw is not in this category neither are Wolves) is wearing blue tinted contact lenses.
Laporte will be back soon but will not be on full form for several games after.
Clearly Pep has lost faith in our available CBs and you cannot help but figure this impacts their play when they finally do get in the starting 11... and even then they can't keep a makeshift CB in Ferny of the side.
Realistically we've spent our way around squad issues before as opposed to allowing squad growth and academy advancement. If CL is our final straw this year with the league gone... we either spend our way around it again or crash out.

It truly do hurt to watch Liverpools backline keeping clean sheet after clean sheet with Van Dijk being the oldest player at a mere 27 years old, which means that this will continue for the foreseeable future. Especially with Joe Gomez being only 22. I know their backline is being shielded by three workhorses but I truly do hope we get someone good alongside Laporte.

It truly do hurt to watch Liverpools backline keeping clean sheet after clean sheet with Van Dijk being the oldest player at a mere 27 years old, which means that this will continue for the foreseeable future. Especially with Joe Gomez being only 22. I know their backline is being shielded by three workhorses but I truly do hope we get someone good alongside Laporte.
Van Dijk is 28 but I see your point.

This is this teams last chance at a Champions League in my opinion. Team not club. You wouldn’t fancy us next season if the rumours of 5 players coming in are true with taking time to settle etc, so with that I think comes Peps last chance to win it with us (if he doesn’t extend) why oh why won’t they go for their number 1 target this month? I can’t understand it, even if it’s £20m extra because it’s January go and get him and throw all the eggs in the basket for Europe, our first year under Pep where we can rest players for Europe and concentrate fully on the competition. It’ll be an absolute travesty if this team doesn’t win a Champions League with dippers having won both competitions before us.

if that means spending £100m on Koubaily or whoever it is, go get them, give the club a lift for the final months of the season & win the big one. It’s the least Aguero & Silva deserve for the years at the club.

just my opinion, but it’s hard knowing we’re close to doing it but still so far away with the defence we have.

Van Dijk is 28 but I see your point.
Still good for at least another 5 years at the highest level.

Gomez is only 21 and someone we could use given that he's absolutely rapid which would be great given our suicide high backline that's extremely vulnerable to counters. That's why I want us to buy Upamecano, because he's young as well and rapid which would be absolutely crucial. To be fair I think Konaté is the best french Leipzig CB but he's out until March.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.