January is make or break time for Hughes

ColinBall

My biggest concern for January, in the light of the Diarra affair, is that, even though we have massive financial clout, the best players in the world are not going to be paricularly enthralled at working with Les, Bowen or Hitchcock.

Players who have a high profile want to work with Managers and Coaches who are renowned for their methods and proven success. They want to learn from them as it enhances their own CV. Although our team made a promising start at Blackburn they are by no means proven.

Now Garry Cook may be able to persuade some Marquee signings, the uncertain financial climate will certainly help him. But we are making life difficult for ourselves by asking them to play for a young, unproven Manager.

I may well be wrong and that World Football recognises and respects Les . but I feel he doesn't have the standing and experience to be able to handle a project like this.

Can you imagine asking Casillas or Buffon to work with Kevin Hitchcock? best known for being a Chelsea Reserve Keeper? Or Kaka, Massi or Henry working with Mark Bowen? It just seems all wrong to me. It's like going to Oxbridge and being taught by the Janitor.

Our Academy is the envy of the Country, the best young players in the Country want to come to us to work with Jim Cassell. We need to make sure our Senior setup is of a similar stature on a global scale.

As I said January will be make or break time, and it won't just be about results on the pitch . I hope Les steps up to the mark.

ColinBall said:
My biggest concern for January, in the light of the Diarra affair, is that, even though we have massive financial clout, the best players in the world are not going to be paricularly enthralled at working with Les, Bowen or Hitchcock.

Players who have a high profile want to work with Managers and Coaches who are renowned for their methods and proven success. They want to learn from them as it enhances their own CV. Although our team made a promising start at Blackburn they are by no means proven.

Now Garry Cook may be able to persuade some Marquee signings, the uncertain financial climate will certainly help him. But we are making life difficult for ourselves by asking them to play for a young, unproven Manager.

I may well be wrong and that World Football recognises and respects Les . but I feel he doesn't have the standing and experience to be able to handle a project like this.

Can you imagine asking Casillas or Buffon to work with Kevin Hitchcock? best known for being a Chelsea Reserve Keeper? Or Kaka, Massi or Henry working with Mark Bowen? It just seems all wrong to me. It's like going to Oxbridge and being taught by the Janitor.

Our Academy is the envy of the Country, the best young players in the Country want to come to us to work with Jim Cassell. We need to make sure our Senior setup is of a similar stature on a global scale.

As I said January will be make or break time, and it won't just be about results on the pitch . I hope Les steps up to the mark.

wrong end of next season should be hughes make or break time

ColinBall said:

who's les i think i know the others jim bowen,alfred hitchcock

agree.i think hughes was the right man for the job after sven,working with a medium budget.

since september 1st and the takeover,i feel the job and the expectations is leaving hughes out of his depth.

World class players want to work with world class coaches/managers.

staffs_blue said:
agree.i think hughes was the right man for the job after sven,working with a medium budget.

since september 1st and the takeover,i feel the job and the expectations is leaving hughes out of his depth.

World class players want to work with world class coaches/managers.

Thats the most arrogant thing i have ever heard. WE are not world class and the manager will improve with the squad. Fucking hell felt embarrased hearing all this world class shit

I would have thought the next 10 days were make or break time for Hughes?

scottyboi said:

Haha is that when we see if we've made the playoffs?

The op is bang on with his comments and have been my feelings all along. The manager makes a huge amount of difference when a player is deciding where to head next and Mark Hughes just doesn't have the same appeal as the best around Europe.

jay_mcfc said:
scottyboi said:

Haha is that when we see if we've made the playoffs?

The op is bang on with his comments and have been my feelings all along. The manager makes a huge amount of difference when a player is deciding where to head next and Mark Hughes just doesn't have the same appeal as the best around Europe.

yawn

ColinBall said:

This league position may actually be a blessing in disguise. We need to forget showboat signings and get realistic.

The team as a whole need to start getting the basics right. We need to up the workrate when not in possesion, show some desire to win football matches, become hard to beat and start defending better as a whole.

In the last two home games, Pinaar, Osman, Rooney, Evra and Cahill never, NEVER stopped running and pressuring the ball and forcing mistakes.

This January we need proven premier performers. Once we have the basics right, and are regularly better than Everton and Villa we can add the superstars to take us to the next level.

FRAN THE ARAB said:
ColinBall said:

who's les i think i know the others jim bowen,alfred hitchcock
I think he means Les Battersby he was a blue. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.