January Transfer Window Its very quiet..or is it?

We have all those, you may think they need changing but if you ever thought we’d sell and buy 2 or 3 players in a January window, you’d be wrong. Would any player we want to replace any of our players even be available in January.
Covid may make this a unique January window where clubs will deal when under normal circumstances they wouldn’t.

Teams out of the Champions League early might want to deal. Teams not in the hunt for European qualification. Teams already in financial trouble that have been further exacerbated by no crowds etc.

I agree with the post above that our big three holes are striker, midfield (preferably 2) and left back. Maybe we can get one of those in January and the rest in the summer.

We should have a decent windfall to help with the recruitment, with Garcia, Harrison, Angelino and probably Herrera bringing in the best part of £50m. I think Zinchenko will also likely go and that’ll represent a big profit for the books which will help.

I don't think Pep's comments come as any great surprise. The only player I can see being sold in the next two windows is Zinchenko
And Garcia if you count finishing his contract in the Summer (presuming no sale in January).

Edit: He wouldn't affect either squad list would he?

. The only player I can see being sold in the next two windows is Zinchenko
Possibly but he is unusual in comparison to the rest of the squad.
Not got a high sell on value, seems content as a squad player and is on relatively low wages.
Apart from freeing up a squad place there is little benefit selling him.
If we considered him the lowest ranked player in the squad and we sold him to bring in a much superior player it may mean a Bernardo or a Cancelo falling down the picking order.
I am guessing that Fernandinho, Gundogan and Aguero may be happy enough to move on at the end of the season.

Possibly but he is unusual in comparison to the rest of the squad.
Not got a high sell on value, seems content as a squad player and is on relatively low wages.
Apart from freeing up a squad place there is little benefit selling him.
If we considered him the lowest ranked player in the squad and we sold him to bring in a much superior player it may mean a Bernardo or a Cancelo falling down the picking order.
I am guessing that Fernandinho, Gundogan and Aguero may be happy enough to move on at the end of the season.

He isn't playing enough for his own development and he will command a decent fee because of his wages. I can't see him wanting another season on the bench

Pep says no incomings , doesnt sound hopeful for messi
To be fair pep isn’t gonna let the messi thing get in the way of us now.
If Barca wanna sell him we will take him but if they say no it’s just another saga for the whole of January.
I suspect a pre contract in January or we never get him
Behind the scenes I suspect they know how it ends anyway

There's no chance Messi comes in January, that's been pretty clear for some time - fantasy preoccupation to think otherwise. There will also be no pre-contract agreement possible until after the election as would be expected from Messi, to give the new board an opportunity to seduce him with their project

Any potential pre-contract won't occur until February or later and even then, nothing will be officially signed nor would there need to be if the player gives his word to Pep. It would otherwise become a distraction for the remainder of the season. Only scenario it could become public is if after the election & subsequent seduction there is a decision made where both sides (Barca's new board & player) decide to make it known. Else, it will remain 'in talks' until June is my guess

There's no chance Messi comes in January, that's been pretty clear for some time - fantasy preoccupation to think otherwise. There will also be no pre-contract agreement possible until after the election as would be expected from Messi, to give the new board an opportunity to seduce him with their project

Any potential pre-contract won't occur until February or later and even then, nothing will be officially signed nor would there need to be if the player gives his word to Pep. It would otherwise become a distraction for the remainder of the season. Only scenario it could become public is if after the election & subsequent seduction there is a decision made where both sides (Barca's new board & player) decide to make it known. Else, it will remain 'in talks' until June is my guess
"my guess", that's about the only thing you got right there.

"as would be expected from Messi", is this you preparing the way if he does leave? "He's selfish and we didn't want him anyway"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.