January window

The club isn't gonna panic buy a new back-up DM with Nunes, Phillips, Kovacic, Rico on the books just because Rodri may get injured

We haven't been great but we're back in the title mix with KDB about to return, Haaland not far off either

Don't expect any moves at all, there won't be many Phillips suitors and while he's clearly not good enough and clearly not trusted, its more agg for our board to find someone to come in to "Do a job" that won't cost a fortune, like Palinha who is a good footballer but not good enough for how much it'll cost

The club isn't gonna panic buy a new back-up DM with Nunes, Phillips, Kovacic, Rico on the books just because Rodri may get injured

We haven't been great but we're back in the title mix with KDB about to return, Haaland not far off either

Don't expect any moves at all, there won't be many Phillips suitors and while he's clearly not good enough and clearly not trusted, its more agg for our board to find someone to come in to "Do a job" that won't cost a fortune, like Palinha who is a good footballer but not good enough for how much it'll cost
I still think we need to change something on the squad. People expect Kevin to just waltz in and play 10/10 which will be needed to not drop points going forward. Despite the banter, we are in a current 4 team title fight. I know it won't last for the whole season, but long enough to change the dynamic of the following 2 months.

It already is a unique season, teams have been very good this season, where no one expected. Everyone has lost games that has baffled them. We won 1/5 recently.

We need creativity, and we need someone in to take that role on the chin, and just get on with it.

We need to do business, and carrying dead-wood on the bench is not okay at this stage of the season.

I still think we need to change something on the squad. People expect Kevin to just waltz in and play 10/10 which will be needed to not drop points going forward. Despite the banter, we are in a current 4 team title fight. I know it won't last for the whole season, but long enough to change the dynamic of the following 2 months.

It already is a unique season, teams have been very good this season, where no one expected. Everyone has lost games that has baffled them. We won 1/5 recently.

We need creativity, and we need someone in to take that role on the chin, and just get on with it.

We need to do business, and carrying dead-wood on the bench is not okay at this stage of the season.
I don't disagree with that but I just can't see that happening in January

It's January, it's slim pickings at the best and prices are even more inflated then they are usually. The good players that we actually want likely aren't available, and the ones that are looking to move are the ones we don't want or we'll end up with another stop gap that doesn't work which is an expensive mistake

So you can want what you want, but if the deal doesn't exist then it's moot

We haven't been very good, yet we are 2 points off the top of we win our game in hand with players coming back from injury. If KDB doesn't come back firing it's OK, Foden is stepping up and even a 59% KDB is an asset on the bench

We spent best part of £80mil on centre midfielders last summer which haven't really worked out, so the club won't fork out £50mil plus as we could just end up with another dud

Nunes is a good player. Kovacic is a good player. Yet these 2 have struggled. There is no guarantee getting a Palhinha (using his name as that's about the level we're looking at in Jan) for £60m - £70mil is gonna make us any better off

A move for Andre with the possibility of flipping him out to Girona next summer would have been the move IF they just wanted a short term body who could possibly make enough impact to stay I think.

Not expecting anyone unless something drastic moves the market about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.