Jason Denayer - Official - gone on loan to Galatasaray

Holds all the cards unfortunately, and can walk away from the table with the world at his feet. Tried joining you in the foreboding Otamendi thread, but it all went a bit head-against-brick-wall over there. Hope everyone comes to amenable agreement soon though, would love nothing more than to see him signing a 5-year deal with us.

I'm sure he will.

Denayer's biggest issue is surely playing time, he's going to go from every game at Celtic to being 4th choice for us.

He will want to feel like he's got a chance to break through, past Mangala and Demichelis, because no one wants to waste away on the bench when his career is just gaining momentum.

With Demi getting old and with 1 year on the contract, I think we should be able to convince Denayer and his agent that there's the possibility of first team football ahead.

I'm more worried about Lopes, his contract runs out next June and apparently we're signing a bunch of attacking midfielders for £50m each. When is he going to get a chance?

I'm sure he will.

Denayer's biggest issue is surely playing time, he's going to go from every game at Celtic to being 4th choice for us.

He will want to feel like he's got a chance to break through, past Mangala and Demichelis, because no one wants to waste away on the bench when his career is just gaining momentum.

With Demi getting old and with 1 year on the contract, I think we should be able to convince Denayer and his agent that there's the possibility of first team football ahead.

I'm more worried about Lopes, his contract runs out next June and apparently we're signing a bunch of attacking midfielders for £50m each. When is he going to get a chance?
Depends if we keep both Navas & Nasri I suppose.

If I were him I wouldn't even seriously talk until January when he can see if there's any substance behind the talk and if not fuck off for free. Hopefully Txixi can convince him otherwise but this is where the complete lack of opportunities given to our young talent could really hurt us.

I'm sure he will.

Yeah... to his credit, I've heard no mention of money in the contract standoff. It just sounds like he wants some assurances over his place in the first team. For everyone who's saying "let's just re-sign him and send him out on loan again!" or "let's give him cup games, he should be content with that and fighting his way through the first team!" I think this is what their answer is: if those are City's intentions, for a now-senior Belgian international, then thank you for everything but we'd like to decline a new contract extension.

Playing time would definitely be the issue in these negotiations. He will want to play as much as possible, and with Vinny, Demichelis and Mangala I can't see that happening. I have a personal view that he is better than Mangala, but the club is never going to agree with that.

The only way that I can see him getting more time on the pitch is as a DM, but if we bring in Pogba then that is unlikely as well.

I really hope Txiki can convince him to sign up and go out on loan again until MDM retires. I think that looks to be our best bet to keep him.

A lot of the recent EDS contract extensions would count for very little if our best (defensive) prospect leaves for nothing. It simply can't be allowed to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.