Jason Denayer - Official - gone on loan to Galatasaray

No, mate, I was agreeing with him, he was replying to someone else that was talking absolute b*llocks.

I just cocked things up a bit, in regards to the quote button[/quote]

Staggering, really? Have you conisdered that it might be significantly easier to get the deals done for the players like Intima? Lopes and Denayer will have their agents trying to secure them tens of thousands a week, alng with assurances that they'll get their chance, I imagine Intima pretty much just signed on the dotted line and thanked us for giving him it. They aren't remotely similar, the bigger the player, the longer negotiations will take.

Very true. I guess my frustration comes from the fact that players like Intima, who seem unlikely to have a future at City, have already been tied down, where as arguably our three best prospects don't seem close to signing a contract. If giving them a few extra bob at the expense of someone like Intima is what it takes to get them tied down then I would be more than happy for that to happen.

Hopefully this flapping will be irrelevant when they sign new contracts, but it is worrying in the meantime.

Apparently can do everything that Bundesliga winner, PL winner, Copa America finalist, World Cup finalist, Champions League finalist Martin Demichelis can do according to his agent.

... must have been a bloody good season at Celtic.

Apparently can do everything that Bundesliga winner, PL winner, Copa America finalist, World Cup finalist, Champions League finalist Martin Demichelis can do according to his agent.

It's his agent. Quite literally a sales representative for the player. Who do you want Jason to hire, a guy who will go around proclaiming "my client is sufficient, and more than up for any moderate challenges. We're hoping for an adequate contract"?

It's his agent. Quite literally a sales representative for the player. Who do you want Jason to hire, a guy who will go around proclaiming "my client is sufficient, and more than up for any moderate challenges. We're hoping for an adequate contract"?
I'd expect my Toyota salesman to not attempt to convince me it'd out drag a Lamborghini.

His agent is his representative I agree and comments that arrogant and unfounded don't serve the player well.

Possibly he can.

We will have to see when he plays in the Prem, how long it takes him to get used to it. But it will be a surprise & disappointment to me if he doesn't end up as a better player than Demichelis has ever been, so what's that worth for 5 years ?

I'd expect my Toyota salesman to not attempt to convince me it'd out drag a Lamborghini.

His agent is his representative I agree and comments that arrogant and unfounded don't serve the player well.

It's a starting CB for Belgium vs. a starting CB for Argentina and a CB who doesn't start for his country. I wouldn't get too carried away with the Toyota vs. Lamborghini thing.

Yes he has something to prove, but if Team A is more than happy to take an immediate chance on him and Team B says we'll make you 4th choice and you can fight your way up, on a team where 4th choice played 4 times the previous season, you can at least understand how the agent might be posturing to protect his player's best interests.

It's a starting CB for Belgium vs. a starting CB for Argentina and a CB who doesn't start for his country. I wouldn't get too carried away with the Toyota vs. Lamborghini thing.

Yes he has something to prove, but if Team A is more than happy to take an immediate chance on him and Team B says we'll make you 4th choice and you can fight your way up, on a team where 4th choice played 4 times the previous season, you can at least understand how the agent might be posturing to protect his player's best interests.
from a pr perspective I think it reflects badly on Denayer - it makes him seem like one decent spell at Celtic and he already thinks he's made it. It's flawed logic too if he's so much better than them then he'll be in the team by Christmas, if he isn't and he doesn't have the attitude and resilience to be a squad player then he shouldn't be.

If he ends up with anything comparable to Demichelis' honours I'll be shocked. Just look at Nastasic and Rekik who many were convinced would make it and showed just as much promise as Denayer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.