Jason Denayer

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by FantasyIreland, 1 Jun 2016.

1. ganganvince

ganganvince

Any news on how he is doing ?

2. Easy

Easy

Not well it seems.

Last three matches was on the bench and subbed on at 84, 88, 63 minute marks respectively.

Was expecting a lot from him since his rise at Celtic. Still only 22 but doesn't look like hes going to turn it around any time soon.

3. ganganvince

ganganvince

Yes must admit he looked the part at Celtic maybe Scottish football is his true level

4. KCblue

KCblue

Won't make it here. He looked very promising a couple of years ago but hasn't had a loan to a top league and obviously hasn't been given a chance with the first team (the chance should have been under Pellegrini, I don't think Pep has ever rated him). He was doomed as soon as he re-signed with the promise to be our 4th CB and then we signed Otamendi the same summer.

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

6. BJL_City

BJL_City

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

In terms of career progression and expectation,this is one of the most unexpected and bizarre examples of a nose divethat i can recollect.I really don't know where its gone so wrong?

8. CityStu

CityStu

Loaning him out again after Celtic without even trying him in the first team must have knocked his confidence somewhat. To then do it again (to Sunderland) after getting him to sign a new contract following a decent spell at Gala was probably the final straw.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I never saw confidence as an issue/problem for Denayer.If anything,it was probably the opposite which may have spilled over into arrogance.

I can understand his frustration at not being involved here after signing a long deal,but he should definitely have followed their instruction and wishes in regards his education and loan destination.

10. Summerbee88

Summerbee88

He must be sold after this season if is good enough to be backup, Laporte, Otamendi, Kompany, Stones and Denayer?