Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester_lalala

Academica said:
peter.evans said:
cheddar404 said:
Yes, Milner was much worse than Garcia today but he escapes much of the shit on here.

Well said. Sadly the numbnuts have got to have a victim to bully and the facts are not allowed to get in the way of their moronic agenda. I just can't understand these people but however much you try and put forward sensible opposition you can't win with the "he's gash or shite " cretins. Let me put forward my view of today's game. A poor performance generally against a team that made it difficult for us. Our defence was OK but offered absolutely nothing when we really needed a couple of them to utilise the huge spaces they could have pushed into. Lescott is an embarrassment in terms of carrying and passing a ball. Nastasic was pretty much the same today. The two full backs were pathetic. Clichy confirmed he cannot pass wind even when in acres of space and offers absolutely nothing going forward, which is criminal in today's game. Surely his performance today ends the debate over who is the number one left back ? The front two were pretty poor and Dzeko, yet again, was not prepared to roll his sleeves up and work for the team. Despite all that we would have won the game had it not been for a poor mistake by Pantilimon. Milner was an absolute shambles and gave the ball away constantly,e.g. the first half pass to Clichy where he overlapped and Milner could not even weight the ball into his path ! Had Garcia done what Milner did when he mis controlled the ball in his own half and actually dribbled the fuckin thing into touch ( absolutely embarrassing but \I aint see any of the Garcia is gash merchants mention this one ) the Garcia is shite merchants would have crapped on about it all night giving him unmerciful stick. For me Garcia was OK, no more no less. He did what he was asked to do and did it pretty well. Other players cost us the win, Pants with his mistake and Boyata with his stupid sending off.

Really well summed up, I concur.

Can't see how people can defend him. Why can't some people just accept he's absolute gash and offers nothing to our team. Ill never boo him but if I think one our players is shit then I will say it, some people just look silly when they defend him. We are one injury away from having him being in the side permantley, that is a scary thought

Re: Javi Garcia

m7mcfc said:
Re - Huddlestone, why did the spuds get rid of him? The lad had a good game against Fulham. I really don't know enough about the lad apart from the fact he didn't have a haircut for three years as he couldn't hit a barn door with a fully grown friesian.
He's a very direct player which is fine in the right set up, but his vision of the pitch is overrated especially when pressed. He will have some good games but isn't consistent.

taconinja said:
m7mcfc said:
Re - Huddlestone, why did the spuds get rid of him? The lad had a good game against Fulham. I really don't know enough about the lad apart from the fact he didn't have a haircut for three years as he couldn't hit a barn door with a fully grown friesian.
He's a very direct player which is fine in the right set up, but his vision of the pitch is overrated especially when pressed. He will have some good games but isn't consistent.

He can run, Garcia can't.
Just that makes him ten times the player Javi will never be ...

ZZmaestro said:
taconinja said:
m7mcfc said:

Which means absolutely nothing in regards to my point Huddlestone would get us absolutely destroyed in the Champions League if he needed to be played. So there's that.

taconinja said:
ZZmaestro said:
taconinja said:

Which means absolutely nothing in regards to my point Huddlestone would get us absolutely destroyed in the Champions League if he needed to be played. So there's that.
Why would Huddlestone get us destroyed?

IIRC when we played them earlier this season, he was the best midfielder on show. Whilst not being the upgrade we need, are you saying out of the two you'd prefer to have Garcia?

Dribble said:
taconinja said:
ZZmaestro said:

IIRC when we played them earlier this season, he was the best midfielder on show. Whilst not being the upgrade we need, are you saying out of the two you'd prefer to have Garcia?
I don't bother with comparisons between two disparate players. It's about system for me. Garcia suits Pellegrini's system more which is why he keeps selecting him when needed. Our system also allows opposition midfielders to dwell on the ball near the halfway line when we don't automatically press. This can flatter them somewhat allowing them time to make runs at us and pick out long passes. I've seen Huddlestone pressed and it isn't pretty. Put him up against Barcelona or Bayern Munich and you'll see what I mean.

If we're going to upgrade, then upgrade. This nonsense that we could bring in some fellow out of the stands to do a better job than Garcia is ridiculous.

taconinja said:
Dribble said:
taconinja said:

I don't bother with comparisons between two disparate players. It's about system for me. Garcia suits Pellegrini's system more which is why he keeps selecting him when needed. Our system also allows opposition midfielders to dwell on the ball near the halfway line when we don't automatically press. This can flatter them somewhat allowing them time to make runs at us and pick out long passes. I've seen Huddlestone pressed and it isn't pretty. Put him up against Barcelona or Bayern Munich and you'll see what I mean.

If we're going to upgrade, then upgrade. This nonsense that we could bring in some fellow out of the stands to do a better job than Garcia is ridiculous.

Bullshit. He plays him because he's got no other options.
Rodwell is always injured and Ntcham/Fofana aern't ready for prem league games.

And put into perspective, how are you going to sell for good money a player if he's got zero time game ?

ZZmaestro said:
taconinja said:
Dribble said:

Bullshit. He plays him because he's got no other options.
Rodwell is always injured and Ntcham/Fofana aern't ready for prem league games.

And put into perspective, how are you going to sell for good money a player if he's got zero time game ?
He's picked him when Rodwell has been healthy.

taconinja said:
Dribble said:
taconinja said:

I'll simplify the questions:
So you're saying in our current 4-4-2 formation, you'd rather play Garcia over Huddlestone?
Yes/No

Also if Garcia played for us against Barca/Bayern (perish the thought) that he'd fair better at being pressed than Huddlestone would?
Yes/No

Were any of Huddlestone's apparent deficiencies over Garcia's visually apparent when we played Hull at home earlier in the season?
Yes/No (please expand on your point of view if applicable)

Dribble said:
taconinja said:
Dribble said:

I'll simplify the questions:
So you're saying in our current 4-4-2 formation, you'd rather play Garcia over Huddlestone?
Yes/No

Also if Garcia played for us against Barca/Bayern (perish the thought) that he'd fair better at being pressed than Huddlestone would?
Yes/No

Were any of Huddlestone's apparent deficiencies over Garcia's visually apparent when we played Hull at home earlier in the season?
Yes/No (please expand on your point of view if applicable)
Question 1 is irrelevant as I don't think either are the answer.

Question 2 is already answered as one of them has played Bayern Munich and we won.

Question 3 is irrelevant as playing against us is no indicator of how a player would do for us. You need a larger sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.