Javi Garcia (continued)

aguero93:20 said:
gungho-tactics said:
Looks like our Javi has a celebrity fan:

High praise indeed.

Where did you get this quote from ?

Del Bosque said this about Busquets.
Twitter, apparently it's in his biography.

I think it's fairly obvious that Pirlo never actually said that about Garcia.

Fucking lol......

However..... I'm very happy to say Garcia has persuaded me that he is indeed capable of playing football while being a very important member of our squad.

Great credit to him for turning things around.

sam-caddick said:
lasereyes said:
Gross exaggeration. Milner was far more of an impact and is a hands-down better player than Garcia.

I agree, Garcia was good but I thought there were moments in the game when his pace let him down again.

I am warming to Javi though and I think he can prove to be a decent squad player, I still think we need somone like Fernando though.

Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando, Zuculini and Huws should be our midfield options next year.

Javi makes a big difference in games where the opposition have plenty of control in midfield and power in midfield, he sits in front if the defence, making us a lot more solid and harder to get the ball from. Look at in the second half of the Liverpool game or the bayern 2-3 match.
When playing with fernandinho and toure play, and just one of them or none is left back when we're attacking, sometimes we can be caught out on the break, especially against good passing teams, eg barca, bayern and Liverpool. Javi is a good player to have around for those games I doubt Zucclini and huws are ready for that role yet, although fernando may be able to do a job, javi is settled and has made that role his own.

callumcity said:
although fernando may be able to do a job, javi is settled and has made that role his own.

Like you suggest though,he's hardly awash with competition.

Like Zaba,thankfully Fernandinho is very reliable otherwise our 'quality' squad would have been further exposed.

Haha great quote, and definitely not made about our Javi. Got to say he has improved hugely this season. Played very well in both a three and two man midfield and allows others the security to push forward. He played well in an intense game. I really do think you have to give him credit, he didn't settle well, the fans got on his back and he didn't respond. Pellegrini has clearly given him some confidence in his ability and he has started to show that in his performances. He is never going to set the world alight, that isn't his style but he is an important part of the squad.

Looks like our Javi has a celebrity fan:
Pirlo: "You watch the game, you don't see Javi Garcia. You watch Javi Garcia, you see the whole game."
High praise indeed.

Just shows how he's vastly underrated by the the English media. There was a time last season where I hated him, I'd moan on here about him, I'd sigh at the Etihad if he played but now I realise how he does the simple things well. Very well indeed. He wins the ball then plays the sumple pass. My one gripe about him would be if we are going to sign a central midfielder in the summer it shouldn't be another Garcia, he should be able to contribute attacking wise as Javi deserves a place in the squad as our defensive shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.