Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who hasn't seen much of this lad, could anyone who has seen him play a few times enlighten us on his passing ability/range, ball winning ability, which other players in Europe would you compare him to etc?

Solihull Samba Boys said:
As someone who hasn't seen much of this lad, could anyone who has seen him play a few times enlighten us on his passing ability/range, ball winning ability, which other players in Europe would you compare him to etc?
A centre half converted to centre midfield. Can play either. Taller than Nigel and probably a slightly better passer, but not a 'regista' playmaker and certainly not £24m worth of upgrade. Good, but not great and massively overpriced at that fee

BringBackSwales said:
yakzson_ctid.Si said:
BringBackSwales said:
how old is he?

25 years old BBS

seems strange to me then - only 3 years younger than NDJ, but worth 8 times as much, how we will ever succeed under ffp is beyond me

£24m over 4 years only represents £6m a year on the books. We were already paying close to that for De Jong so shouldn't make difference in the immediate term.

If Nige was to leave next season for nothing (likely scenario) we would have needed to get in a replacement anyway.

moomba said:
BringBackSwales said:
yakzson_ctid.Si said:
25 years old BBS

seems strange to me then - only 3 years younger than NDJ, but worth 8 times as much, how we will ever succeed under ffp is beyond me

£24m over 4 years only represents £6m a year on the books. We were already paying close to that for De Jong so shouldn't make difference in the immediate term.

If Nige was to leave next season for nothing (likely scenario) we would have needed to get in a replacement anyway.

all this crap about so many million on the books does not change the long-term situation that if we keep buying players for more than they are worth, and selling them for less than they are worth, we will be a lot less well off under ffp than we otherwise could be - and unfodtunately we do not have the revenue of a scum, barce, madrid etc, so unless we get smarter in our business dealings then under ffp we dont have a hope of sustaining our current status, well not in my opinion anyway - this window is starting to show that ffp IS biting, and it is biting us very hard, on our arses and cocks by the looks of things.

Please do not tell me that selling a 27 year old who is very very good at what he does, is well regarded by the club (certainly fans and team mates) for £3M is good business just because his value is low in the books due to amortisation or depreciation or something

What also worreis me is the fact that as far as I know Silva, Tevez, Yaya and Joleon are all into the last 2 years of their contracts (and maybe others are too) - as we have stated we do not negotiate contracts during the season this would mean all these players would be into the last year of their contracts before we start talking to them about new deals - will we then be faced with losing all them for peanuts too, and will that make financial sense?

I do not get this at all - IF ffp bites we do not seem smart enough as a club to work well within it's constraints

BringBackSwales said:
moomba said:
BringBackSwales said:

all this crap about so many million on the books does not change the long-term situation that if we keep buying players for more than they are worth, and selling them for less than they are worth, we will be a lot less well off under ffp than we otherwise could be - and unfodtunately we do not have the revenue of a scum, barce, madrid etc, so unless we get smarter in our business dealings then under ffp we dont have a hope of sustaining our current status, well not in my opinion anyway - this window is starting to show that ffp IS biting, and it is biting us very hard, on our arses and cocks by the looks of things.

Please do not tell me that selling a 27 year old who is very very good at what he does, is well regarded by the club (certainly fans and team mates) for £3M is good business just because his value is low in the books due to amortisation or depreciation or something

What also worreis me is the fact that as far as I know Silva, Tevez, Yaya and Joleon are all into the last 2 years of their contracts (and maybe others are too) - as we have stated we do not negotiate contracts during the season this would mean all these players would be into the last year of their contracts before we start talking to them about new deals - will we then be faced with losing all them for peanuts too, and will that make financial sense?

I do not get this at all - IF ffp bites we do not seem smart enough as a club to work well within it's constraints

Worrying about City
Never ..........
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFDa9efCQU[/youtube]

BringBackSwales said:
moomba said:
BringBackSwales said:

Fact of life. No-one can force a player to stay at a club any more, and paying more than you think a player is worth just to keep him at the club doesn't help with FFP either.

£3m for De Jong does seem very low to me but you can't force a club to pay what you want for a player, and I presume getting the £3m now is preferable to keeping him at the club for another season and losing him for nowt.

FWIW I would have been happy if we did that but he just doesn't seem to be a significant part of RM's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.