Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

southstandblue27

Anyone else still think he can prove to be an important member of the team?

He may not have had the best opening season but it takes time to adjust to the speed of the PL, especially as he is rather slow, not to mention his season was disrupted by injuries.

I don't like the assumption on this board that you have to have pace to be a good defensive midfielder, look at Javi Martinez at Bayern. All you need is two other mobile midfielders near you, Javi's job should mainly be defending and clearing up if the midfield get caught.

I personally believe that a midfield three of:

-----------Garcia-------------
Yaya---------------Fernandinho

Would be extremely solid and do very well, especially in European away games and harder PL games.

Spain clearly rate him highly, and we should at least give him a second season to prove his worth. Lets hope he does.

Cant play Barry and Garcia in the same side its suicide but Barry is miles better at the job than Garcia and always one of the first names on the team sheet. As a backup I dont think hes a bad as people say

I think he'll be very useful for us this season. More time with the team and getting used to the premier league. He gives us some much needed height for both defending and attacking set pieces.

ell said:
Cant play Barry and Garcia in the same side its suicide but Barry is miles better at the job than Garcia and always one of the first names on the team sheet. As a backup I dont think hes a bad as people say

Barry has been very good in PL for us but was fairly anonymous in most CL games.

I feel that due to his age and wages, he will either leave this summer or accept a big wage cut and turn into a backup player.

I think it's too early to judge him after only having one season so far with us.

From what I have seen though he does not look good enough for a top 4 side and I don't think he is a defensive midfielder, I think he is a center half.

We will see, Garcia has a lot to prove next season.

ell said:

agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.