Javier Tebas named to UEFA's Executive Committee

Amended for you PB. ;-)
Just reading up on this. The European Leagues group are entitled to nominate a representative to the Executive Committee and their current representative is Lars-Christer Olsson, from Sweden. Olsson has turned 70 so isn't eligible for re-election and Tebas is down to replace him. It has to be confirmed by UEFA though and another of the ExCo members is the head of the Spanish FA, who Tebas hates even more than he hates us & PSG. And of course, the PSG president, Nasser Al Khelaifi, is also on the committee so it may not be plain sailing for Senor Tebas.

But if he is confirmed, it's somehow appropriate that a Swede is being replaced by a complete turnip.

At the end of the day he will have to be careful not to slag off one of the member clubs in the organization in which he himself sits on the Executive Committee. City would have real precedence to nail him and claim bias in UEFA's competitions if he did.
It didn't stop other senior UEFA Execs who suggested we were guilty before the FFP investigation had even started or the others who leaked confidential information about our finances and false evidence from the investigation to the English media and our commercal rivals namely LFC and MUFC. It didn't stop the UEFA officials who have briefing negatively about us for years to their client journalsts. The appointment of Tebas is a statement of intent from our enemies at UEFA. CAS made it clear that the entire FFP probe was compromised and had no credible evidence against us. It was a witchunt and the next one is on its way.

It didn't stop other senior UEFA Execs who suggested we were guilty before the FFP investigation had even started or the others who leaked confidential information about our finances and false evidence from the investigation to the English media and our commercal rivals namely LFC and MUFC. It didn't stop the UEFA officials who have briefing negatively about us for years to their client journalsts. The appointment of Tebas is a statement of intent from our enemies at UEFA. CAS made it clear that the entire FFP probe was compromised and had no credible evidence against us. It was a witchunt and the next one is on its way.
Those comments came from the lead investigator to be fair, not upper UEFA officials.

If real UEFA officials start spouting that as they are supposedly separate from the chamber, we can in that case nail them based on that for clear bias.

... The problem for him and UEFA though, is sooner or later he's going to put his foot in his mouth over something that's going to cost him his job and UEFA a loss of face...
Given he's head of La Liga and that's not stopped him previously I can't see why being on UEFA's board would make any difference.

Happily, given PB's previous post, it's not a done deal yet as it needs to be ratified.

Those comments came from the lead investigator to be fair, not upper UEFA officials.

If real UEFA officials start spouting that as they are supposedly separate from the chamber, we can in that case nail them based on that for clear bias.
The original infamous comments that it was a "concrete case" and that "City faced a ban" were made by Ceferin (then the President of UEFA). The ongoing leaks came out of the investigating committee itself. The leaked information was shared with some UEFA Exec members, our commercial rivals, and some journalists (mainly the New York Times). That's why City refused to co-operate with the process and went directly to CAS (where we eventually got a fair hearing). UEFA is corrupt from top to bottom.

The original infamous comments that it was a "concrete case" and that "City faced a ban" were made by Ceferin (then the President of UEFA). The ongoing leaks came out of the investigating committee itself. The leaked information was shared with some UEFA Exec members, our commercial rivals, and some journalists (mainly the New York Times). That's why City refused to co-operate with the process and went directly to CAS (where we eventually got a fair hearing). UEFA is corrupt from top to bottom.
Agree with most of that but I still think the "concrete case" comment was taken out of context by many. It was discussed at length on here and he probably meant specific as opposed to something as damning as what concrete means to us. I also don't believe Ceferin is as much an enemy of our club as many others within UEFA. Although he didn't say it in as many words, he basically implied that Tebas is a fucking bellend in a previous interview. Having said that, Ceferin is probably little more than a puppet.

Agree with most of that but I still think the "concrete case" comment was taken out of context by many. It was discussed at length on here and he probably meant specific as opposed to something as damning as what concrete means to us. I also don't believe Ceferin is as much an enemy of our club as many others within UEFA. Although he didn't say it in as many words, he basically implied that Tebas is a fucking bellend in a previous interview. Having said that, Ceferin is probably little more than a puppet.
Yes, the "concrete case" business was always a red herring. He meant 'substantive' as opposed to rumour and tittle tattle. However, Teabag (if appointed) is certain to say something that gets UEFA into hot water. I wonder if he will propose the removal of CAS as a court of last resort? (I believe under Swiss law appeal to the Supreme Court could not be denied by a UEFA rule).
Meanwhile, UEFA continue to thoroughly investigate the leaks. (Can we have an emoji indicating heavy irony, please?)

Last edited:
Don't worry. We've got David Gill there to protect our interests.
In his dungeon, Gill does the maths
" 2 plus 2 equals...er...5.......Mr Leterme, Mr Leterme, I've got it. City's accounts are fake. These figures prove a world wide audit conspiracy"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.