Jayden Braaf joins Borussia Dortmund on a permanent deal

how can you give assurance to a teenager at that time?

did you see the season Pep just had?

why did Pep say he could've been sacked after his first season if he was at any other clubs?
Answers to your 3 questions in order:

1) By using words and not actively pursuing other targets.

2) Not a great one, let down by a bunch of old timers. Did the young guys ruin that season? Nope, they were the ones that got people off their seat.

3) Because our owners love Pep, this question has no relevance whatsoever.

I'm tired of arguing this but basically my understanding from you 2 posters is that your on a subforum about city academy players and your comment to everyone is that the academy is just for money so stop whining.

Okay fine, but I'm sorry if the club actively pushes in our faces our academy about "our future" only to learn that the academy is about producing players for other clubs. Why should I give a shit about it then?

If your answer is that I shouldn't care about the academy, well then fair fucks, because I'm very much leaning that way lately.

Answers to your 3 questions in order:

1) By using words and not actively pursuing other targets.

2) Not a great one, let down by a bunch of old timers. Did the young guys ruin that season? Nope, they were the ones that got people off their seat.

3) Because our owners love Pep, this question has no relevance whatsoever.

I'm tired of arguing this but basically my understanding from you 2 posters is that your on a subforum about city academy players and your comment to everyone is that the academy is just for money so stop whining.

Okay fine, but I'm sorry if the club actively pushes in our faces our academy about "our future" only to learn that the academy is about producing players for other clubs. Why should I give a shit about it then?

If your answer is that I shouldn't care about the academy, well then fair fucks, because I'm very much leaning that way lately.

so Pep had a disastrous season for which he could've been sacked for, if it was not for the owners loving him.

But you want him to go give assurances to a teenager instead of pursuing the targets that he wanted.

lol. The primary goal of the Academy is to be the source of our first team players. Zero doubts about that.
bieng able to make money from selling players on is by-product of it.

but we wont ignore our #1 goal just to give assurances to academy players.
If they are not patient, were not desperate to keep them.

do you know how many teenagers we poach every Summer?

so Pep had a disastrous season for which he could've been sacked for, if it was not for the owners loving him.

But you want him to go give assurances to a teenager instead of pursuing the targets that he wanted.

lol. The primary goal of the Academy is to be the source of our first team players. Zero doubts about that.
bieng able to make money from selling players on is by-product of it.

but we wont ignore our #1 goal just to give assurances to academy players.
If they are not patient, were not desperate to keep them.

do you know how many teenagers we poach every Summer?

"The primary goal of the Academy is to be the source of our first team players."

Holy shit do you understand what this is all about, we are colossal failures at this, I thought you guys were all about the money narrative?

Also in your own tweet you linked "I don't see too many 18/19 year-olds playing as regulars in first teams across the league"

They don't need to be regulars part of the starting 11, just involved in some capacity say as sub players like Foden has just recently gotten (although his have been pretty low also).

I don't care anymore man, you are clearly just ignoring my points and talking around it. I've been arguing this for too many years. I'm out.

"The primary goal of the Academy is to be the source of our first team players."

Holy shit do you understand what this is all about, we are colossal failures at this, I thought you guys were all about the money narrative?

Also in your own tweet you linked "I don't see too many 18/19 year-olds playing as regulars in first teams across the league"

They don't need to be regulars part of the starting 11, just involved in some capacity say as sub players like Foden has just recently gotten (although his have been pretty low also).

I don't care anymore man, you are clearly just ignoring my points and talking around it. I've been arguing this for too many years. I'm out.

lol and you are clearly ignoring the main point of the tweet too pal.
this is not a charity team where all you need is natural talent and you are in. As I keep repeating we are not desperate.

what City are trying to do is ambitious and requires patience:

Elite youth talents need to be patient.

£60m signings need to be patient.

this Phil Foden has had to be patient.

Riyad Mahrez missed out and had to be patient.

of course you are not out. you'll be back before the start of next season singing a different tune.

But Cya for now.

Last edited:
lol and you are clearly ignoring the main point of the tweet too pal.
this is not a charity team where all you need is natural talent and you are in. As I keep repeating we are not desperate.

what City are trying to do is ambitious and requires patience:

Elite youth talents need to be patient.

£60m signings need to be patient.

this Phil Foden has had to be patient.

Riyad Mahrez missed out and had to be patient.

of course you are not out. you'll be back before the start of next season singing a different tune.

But Cya for now.

The fact remains the same both utd and Liverpool have more academy players in there first team squad along with Chelsea although they are a little different with there transfer ban. To be more specific Liverpool have 4, Chelsea have 9 and utd have 11 academy players in there first team squad. We have 2!

As far as the quote about foden being the best player he has ever seen, he managed Messi.

The fact remains the same both utd and Liverpool have more academy players in there first team squad along with Chelsea although they are a little different with there transfer ban. To be more specific Liverpool have 4, Chelsea have 9 and utd have 11 academy players in there first team squad. We have 2!

As far as the quote about foden being the best player he has ever seen, he managed Messi.
We win more, and will win more than united and chelsea, for a while, both those might not even finish top 4.We were the most succesful team of the last decade. We will play academy players when Pep say we play academy players.

We win more, and will win more than united and chelsea, for a while, both those might not even finish top 4.We were the most succesful team of the last decade. We will play academy players when Pep say we play academy players.

Your right we were the most successful team of the last decade with 11 trophies 14 with Comunity shields, Chelsea were second with 10 which included 3 European titles and they were the last team other than us to win the tittle. They are rebuilding for the next 5-10 now and if you think they won't challenge next season your mad.

Your right we were the most successful team of the last decade with 11 trophies 14 with Comunity shields, Chelsea were second with 10 which included 3 European titles and they were the last team other than us to win the tittle. They are rebuilding for the next 5-10 now and if you think they won't challenge next season your mad.
Did Chelsea have a team packed full of academy players when they won their trophies? They may well challenge, but so will we probably with a couple or more academy players in the team. Whatever is best is what we'll do. I have no concerns, can't see why anyone would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.