Jayden Braaf joins Borussia Dortmund on a permanent deal

Liverpool, United and Chelsea might well have more academy players in their squad. BUT...….how many of them would get in our squad, let alone first eleven?

Liverpool:
Trent certainly would, yes he's not the best in one on ones but we all know Pep would love that attacking threat
Gomez definitely, would be a massive improvement to our CBs, if he wasn't already at Liverpool he's the sort of player we'd all want

Chelsea:
Tomori would, same reasons as Gomez
Mount would be around the squad and playing in place of someone like Gundo
And looking at Billy Gilmour he's certainly one that'd be around the squad too, I swear we were linked at one point too
Loftus-Cheek perhaps, he was great at Palace a couple years ago and always looked good before his injury

Rags:
Greenwood is perhaps one of the most exciting forwards England have got, if he wasn't a rag I'd be desperate for him here
Rashford - I've said before under Pep he could be a really solid option as an attacker, I dont think he's a striker but a LW certainly. And he's a lovely lad as well
Pogba - the Pogba that was at Juventus would 100% be in the City squad

Liverpool:
Trent certainly would, yes he's not the best in one on ones but we all know Pep would love that attacking threat
Gomez definitely, would be a massive improvement to our CBs, if he wasn't already at Liverpool he's the sort of player we'd all want

Chelsea:
Tomori would, same reasons as Gomez
Mount would be around the squad and playing in place of someone like Gundo
And looking at Billy Gilmour he's certainly one that'd be around the squad too, I swear we were linked at one point too
Loftus-Cheek perhaps, he was great at Palace a couple years ago and always looked good before his injury

Rags:
Greenwood is perhaps one of the most exciting forwards England have got, if he wasn't a rag I'd be desperate for him here
Rashford - I've said before under Pep he could be a really solid option as an attacker, I dont think he's a striker but a LW certainly. And he's a lovely lad as well
Pogba - the Pogba that was at Juventus would 100% be in the City squad
Gomez isn't a Livarpool* academy product.

Gomez was signed for a million from Charlton so not strictly an academy product. Mount nowhere near Foden level (almost a year older and fewer appearances). Are you aware that Tomori is 23 in December? Loftus-Cheek 24 already? I watched Pogba's first game for United's academy at Platt Lane. I do wish people would do their research, put their brain in gear and then go on about academy players before they spout about it. I watch academy matches whenever possible and for what it's worth I rate Braaf equal to Sancho (what a greedy, selfish player when I first watched him). Sancho talent never in doubt but same with Braaf. If we lost with Sancho in the team rather than, say, Sterling, Bernardo or Sane you could bet your life some on here would moan like f*ck. We've won the last six domestic trophies,what more do some people want?

So just to quote the start of the very article you quoted regarding our academy.

City's chairman - who last year declared a desire to see “at least a player, if not two” progress to the first team each season
Instead of quoting the start of the article, read the full article for context and an education in what the club want from the Academy.

Gomez was signed for a million from Charlton so not strictly an academy product. Mount nowhere near Foden level (almost a year older and fewer appearances). Are you aware that Tomori is 23 in December? Loftus-Cheek 24 already? I watched Pogba's first game for United's academy at Platt Lane. I do wish people would do their research, put their brain in gear and then go on about academy players before they spout about it. I watch academy matches whenever possible and for what it's worth I rate Braaf equal to Sancho (what a greedy, selfish player when I first watched him). Sancho talent never in doubt but same with Braaf. If we lost with Sancho in the team rather than, say, Sterling, Bernardo or Sane you could bet your life some on here would moan like f*ck. We've won the last six domestic trophies,what more do some people want?

Mount would be an effective option thats all I was saying mate, dont get why you're bringing up their ages. 23/24 is still young and people like Tomori would definitely improve our defence. Also good for you you watch academy football but theres no need to be demeaning and patronising about it

Oh god.

I read your first sentence and that's it. Here is the answer.

You dont actively pursue options for backup. You instead tell Sancho he will be back up player to Sane and Sterling and give him assurances. That's it that's my answer.

And before you say "The club gave him assurances he just had to stay and wait for his chance"

That's bullshit. You cant promise him game time then actively pursue other targets.

I am looking forward to hear the mental gymnastics you will go through to explain the fault with this.
I am far too old to use mental gymnastics to debate with someone who deliberately misrepresents and makes false assumptions of the opinions I and other posters express. As you said you "don't understand", that does not mean others' views are "stupid" or "bullshit". You don't read what is being said and you reply to what is not being said. You cannot say who Sancho would replace on 31.8.2017 and you then say "They don't need to be regulars part of the starting 11, just involved in some capacity ". Well it seems Sancho was not prepared to be "just involved", that was his choice and he is entitled to make it. You really should apply for Khaldoon's job if you believe your thinking on the Academy is so far advanced of his, your talents are wasted here with us ignoramuses ( no offence to any sensitive posters).

I am far too old to use mental gymnastics to debate with someone who deliberately misrepresents and makes false assumptions of the opinions I and other posters express. As you said you "don't understand", that does not mean others' views are "stupid" or "bullshit". You don't read what is being said and you reply to what is not being said. You cannot say who Sancho would replace on 31.8.2017 and you then say "They don't need to be regulars part of the starting 11, just involved in some capacity ". Well it seems Sancho was not prepared to be "just involved", that was his choice and he is entitled to make it. You really should apply for Khaldoon's job if you believe your thinking on the Academy is so far advanced of his, your talents are wasted here with us ignoramuses ( no offence to any sensitive posters).
I don't care anymore.

I don't want to be part of this circle jerk you guys have here. I'd rather discuss other topics.

Would have liked to see Braff invited to the first team training, to keep him happy and onboard.
Comparing to Sterling, wasn't he only 17 when first playing for Liverpool .
Age should not be a concern when you have exceptional talent otherwise others will be prepared to give them their chance.
And if Sane is going then it makes even more sense.

Would have liked to see Braff invited to the first team training, to keep him happy and onboard.
Comparing to Sterling, wasn't he only 17 when first playing for Liverpool .
Age should not be a concern when you have exceptional talent otherwise others will be prepared to give them their chance.
And if Sane is going then it makes even more sense.
Only local lads have been called up to training, Braaf is at home in Holland with his family presumably so thats why he is not included.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.